X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sah-Hah-Lee Golf Course

I heard from Jeff Elliot that this ball golf course on highway 212/224 between Oregon City and Estacada is putting in two 18 hole DG courses.

Anyone else hear anything about this? Apparently they were at last week's Stumptown meeting and have discussed this extensively with Brian from Next Adventure.

Sounds very promising.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Curious lack of a "Find Us" link on their Web site: http://www.sah-hah-lee.com/

So here's a map: http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q...Sah-Hah-Lee%29

It'd be truly awesome if they had some unused forested land around the edges that they could make into a DG course. But, looking at the aerial photo, it looks like they'd have to put it on the ball golf course. While it'd be nice to finally get SOMETHING in Northern Clackamas County, I'm underwhelmed by this possibility. The good news is, it's a par-3 "executive" course, which is certainly better suited to a disc golf overlay than a big course.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      I heard from Jeff Elliot that this ball golf course on highway 212/224 between Oregon City and Estacada is putting in two 18 hole DG courses.

Anyone else hear anything about this? Apparently they were at last week's Stumptown meeting and have discussed this extensively with Brian from Next Adventure.

Sounds very promising.
      SWEET thats 10 minutes from my house if that!!!!!

Comment

A big ball golf course does not make for a good disc golf course? Explain....

Oakway sure was a lot of fun....
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

the last time I heard about it they were going charge the same rate as golf
          and got no solid response
          maybe seing Bob work has them on another try
          course would have to pretty amazing to pay 15.00 bones to play

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

Sounds very promising.
            They were NOT at last weeks Stumptown meeting. I have heard nothing about this.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Oakway sure was a lot of fun....
              I thought Oakway didn't sound like any fun at all. Seriously. Too open and definitely too long. Neither I nor any of my friends ever had any desire to go down there.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

subscribed.
                This is great news for the Milwaukie/Gladstone/Oregon City folks.

Comment

I used to play there, back when I swung the sticks. If they do it right it could be a real nice course or two.

Comment

Skyline has done a great job of combining ball and disc golf on one course with very little interferance between the two.

Comment

What was the final answer on why disc golf was pulled from Oakway?

Comment

I am afraid that if you never even played Oakway; that you are not qualified to speculate on what does and does not make a ball golf course good for disc golf! I can list many more players than "you and your friends" that enjoyed Oakway IMMENSELY!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                          I am afraid that if you never even played Oakway; that you are not qualified to speculate on what does and does not make a ball golf course good for disc golf! I can list many more players than "you and your friends" that enjoyed Oakway IMMENSELY!
                          I'm sure they did. But we don't like spending significant money to play wide-open courses with multiple 500'+ holes. Honestly, I don't really enjoy McIver more than once or twice a year either.

Geez, obviously this is all 100% in the realm of opinion.

However, I do think it should be pointed out that the relatively small number of players who can really appreciate a pay-for-play massively long disc golf course just might not be enough to sustain the idea economically -- if it interferes with the ball-golf business, that is.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Not sure how pay to play will work there.
                            They want $7 just to play the miniature 18 hole golf course.
                            18 Hole Putting Course

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                              They want $7 just to play the miniature 18 hole golf course.
                              That is pretty much the going rate for putt putt these days.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X