X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round ballers vs. flat ballers?
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Any update on this? Word has it that some have already played out there. Is it in? Steve Carson and Ryan Gwillim had a meeting but no news? 15 minutes from my house, this would be great for me. Inquiring minds need to know!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Nice try but at big box stores the house brands are usually different i.e. single vs double stitching, fabric weight, and the like(I know because I am a cheap skate). If you are spending more for the EXACT same thing just because of the swoosh it is because you want everyone else to know that you can and will spend more. Does this mean you would be fine with courses putting arm bands or bright vests or something on some of their customers that choose to pay more so everyone else can look at them in awe?

Would you expect to go to a gas station and pay less than the next guy?

Would you go to a restaurant and order off a menu that had the same things but charged more? Do you think anyone else would?
        Why do kids pay less at a movie theater when they are more annoying and louder than the rest of us?
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I think that is to be expected initially. Back when I skied regularly there were these young kids with big flat boards who were encroaching on our powder. Nobody liked each other very much. What's the mix of skiers/snowboarders now? Once the sport became mainstream they were generally accepted on the mountain.
          Were trees even invented back then Scott?
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

• sorry for all the several comments in a row, but I find the length of this thread totally awesome and wanted to jump in!
            Played Skyline a while back for the first time and had a blast! it is what it is. I would not have been offended to have a hanging basket with a clowns mouth in it. Lots of fun. I would never play it frequently as the shots are not ones that would prepare me for any of the competitive events in Oregon. The courses used for competition are quite different. as a novelty I loved it. Plus I was chilling with a friend and that made the day. Again, that is what it is all about. Or perhaps the Hokey Pokey is what it it's all about. Go play golf. If a new course opens up, go play it.
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
              Played Skyline a while back for the first time and had a blast! it is what it is. I would not have been offended to have a hanging basket with a clowns mouth in it. Lots of fun. I would never play it frequently as the shots are not ones that would prepare me for any of the competitive events in Oregon. The courses used for competition are quite different. as a novelty I loved it. Plus I was chilling with a friend and that made the day. Again, that is what it is all about. Or perhaps the Hokey Pokey is what it it's all about. Go play golf. If a new course opens up, go play it.
              Easy for you to say. It wasn't your birdie putt that hit the hanging basket and rolled 60' away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Easy for you to say. It wasn't your birdie putt that hit the hanging basket and rolled 60' away.
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Discussion about Tadmor, Tabor, etc. moved to a new thread.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• For those that haven't seen the calendar there will be a glow golf tournament on November 14th. Registration will be available very soon. Limited to 48 players. Cost includes dinner and as much mini-golf as you can get in during dinner, etc. Sah-Hah-Lee has experience doing glow (ball) golf so they are prepared with glow signage, glow lights, etc. They have 9 solid baskets and we will be adding a few more to make it 12 holes for the event.

Comment

• so they have a nine hole course set up already?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X