X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Albany Park Course?

I've heard a rumor about a new course for Albany at North Albany Park. Anybody have any info on it?

I heard that rumor a couple years ago, which is why North Albany Park has a gray icon on my map, but I'd love to know if there's still anything to that.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It would probably make a decent 9 hole course. More courses the merrier.

Comment

I'm not sure where North Albany park is...

But at the Calapooia Classic, the Albany disc Golf Club announced tha they have been granted permission to put a super bad ass course in across the river from Bryant and just on the east side of the bridge, something like 190 acres of old growth timber, and its supposed to be pretty tough/ long. It is on the North side of Albany.
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Here's the location of North Albany Park: http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/oregon...r=North+Albany

As for the other spot... I highly doubt it's "old growth," but there are indeed 100-plus acres of woods along the north/west bank of the river, east of the bridge(s) and the golf course, that probably aren't being used for anything.

I have to wonder, though: Bryant isn't bad-ass enough?
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            I heard that rumor a couple years ago, which is why North Albany Park has a gray icon on my map, but I'd love to know if there's still anything to that.
            It looks likes this park is still owned by Benton County. The WDGC was told (2 years ago?) that ownership of this park was going to be transferred to the City of Albany. Benton County will not give permission to build a 9 or 12 hole course in North Albany park, but we were hoping to work with the City of Albany about putting in a course.

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
            But at the Calapooia Classic, the Albany disc Golf Club announced tha they have been granted permission to put a super bad ass course in across the river from Bryant and just on the east side of the bridge, something like 190 acres of old growth timber, and its supposed to be pretty tough/ long. It is on the North side of Albany.
            That would be Takena Landing on the north bank of the Willamette river. The park is 72 acres with a well established hiking trail. I didn't get the memo on this news. It will be a challenge to put a course in there, similar to Simpson park. Basically an out and back type of layout. Speaking of Simpson park the DGCA's goal is to get that course playable again this winter.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X