X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horning's course #3

Hi all, here's an update. Right now all holes except for 6, 7 and 8 are playable, and we're working on 6 and 7 today. We've got the tee pads (dirt right now) and targets area marked with cones, and do have maps at the house by the lake, so if anyone wants to play and give input that's great! Total length on the course now looks to be 7,054 feet, with gold tee ratings of two par 4s and one par 5. When we get it all set we'll also list the rating as a blue tee course, which will list four par 4s and possibly the par 5 being a par 6. We're moving right along!!

That's so awesome, I was there yesterday for the first time as I live four hours away from there and the two courses in place I just fell in love with and I can only imagine how great the new long one is going to be. Horning's Hideout is the best destination in the country for disc golf in my opinion because of how great the courses are, camping, fishing and all of the other things available to you onsite. The amount of work put into the two courses so far with making the baskets and putting the courses in and the daily/weekly/monthly maintaince required to keep the course is prestine condition is absolutly outstanding, keep up the great work out there Bob, I will be making another trip down there very very soon!
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Ah, that 10 minute drive from my driveway, brutal
      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
        Ah, that 10 minute drive from my driveway, brutal
        Does the J in JMan stand for JERKman?

Bob

Comment

I know, what nerve, It takes me 10 seconds to go from my couch to the 12 tee at my home course, at least he gets to drive

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
            two par 4s and one par 5.
            That was my takeaway after one round through the 15 holes that were set up. This will probably end up being my favorite of the three courses on the property.

Thanks and great job!

Comment

Please, do not blasphemize the game of golf by setting a par of 6. The game has done just fine for centuries with pars 3, 4, and 5. Nothing wrong with having a difficult par 5 that rarely gets birdied.

I am delighted to hear about the 3rd course! Bob, if you hold a work party, I bet a lot of people would show up....
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

actually it started with one long hole, par being how many shots were taken in the round, the shots being from a fifth of scotch, don't recall how many that was, they probably didn't either by the time they were done, but I do agree, make it a par 5,(hey for all you people out there, I found the spellcheck icon, it's got a million other ones too, I bet one is for punctuation,
                there's so many ,no wonder I threw the book away)

Comment

Shot The Highlands yesterday, but before we headed out Bob and I drove up to the T for #8...Oh baby. Can you say 400+ feet from T to pin with 80 feet down. Clear routes on the left and right, with rough on both side and down the middle. This course is going to
                  educate your thinking

Comment

I noticed hole two's basket (cone) was really close to tee three,
                    other than that the few holes i played were fun.
                    Good work out there.
                    Mat
                    Not as creative as keys

Comment

so does "playable" mean that the baskets are there? or does it mean that the course is ready for the baskets and sleeves to be put in now?

Comment

I think "playable" means that the fairways have been logged out and there are ribbons or stakes marking the teepads and future basket placements.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

correct, there are cones at the pin placements and flags at the Ts. Bob is hoping folks will play it and give some feedback before concrete goes in for collars and Ts. Headed out there now...
                          educate your thinking

Comment

im going to be out there on wednesday and i dont know if i should play the course without baskets, is it still fun? or should i stick to just playing the courses with baskets?

Comment

The game existed long before the basket was ever invented, and yes, it was still fun.

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNClPDlxUY
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X