Horning's course #3 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    this is great! I can't wait to play!
    keep up the hard work- it will come back to you in droves!!!
    the only good salad bar is a drive through-

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
      Also if you want to grab a paint brush this evening I'll have the baskets being primed and some beers out!
      later

      man I'm on my way- oh wait... Blast!
      the only good salad bar is a drive through-

      Comment


      • #33
        Steve!

        OK, you're better now...
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

        Comment


        • #34
          Jet and I went out tonight and helped prime the baskets. when we left they only had 5 left.
          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            Jet and I went out tonight and helped prime the baskets. when we left they only had 5 left.
            I'm pretty sure I got more rustolium on the baskets than me but it's a close call.

            Bob please post when you will be painting the baskets.
            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

            Comment


            • #36
              a couple pics i took tonight of the Priming party, lol



              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                Jet and I went out tonight and helped prime the baskets. when we left they only had 5 left.
                Thanks so much to Troy and Jet for their help tonight! We finished priming the targets, which will keept hem from rusting after the sandblasting. We will give it a full day to set and then start painting them yellow in a bit. While the weather is good I'm going to start working setting up the forms for pouring concret. Again, thanks so much to Troy and Jet!!!!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Concrete

                  The pour will be wed and fri. with friday being the big day going after all the far and high pad. Bob asked me to spread the word. The baskets are also getting a seccond yellow coat tonight.... soon...

                  Hippy007

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Threw a bunch of putts tonight on the new basket. Bob has changed up the change configuration and these things catch so much better than the original basket. Will Odom was throwing some putts with the power of a drive from about 10-15 feet out, and these things were still stopping them. even on the weak side
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      so is everything poured now?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        No not yet, still have more tee pads to pour and pins too..

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                          Threw a bunch of putts tonight on the new basket. Bob has changed up the change configuration and these things catch so much better than the original basket. Will Odom was throwing some putts with the power of a drive from about 10-15 feet out, and these things were still stopping them. even on the weak side

                          Ooooohhhh...I am so glad to hear this...I haven't played horning's very much and am such a novice on baskets...but I really felt like the discs bounced out more on those baskets than other ones...not that I'll spend much time on the big arm course, but I'm sure I will play it just to see what it's like...and then go back to my comfort zone in the canyon and on the highlands...

                          Just want to say thanks, also, to everyone for all the work that is being done, it is very exciting and very much appreciated!

                          peace threw disc golf,
                          emmarose
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
                            No not yet, still have more tee pads to pour and pins too..
                            We poured the final nine tee pads today on the new course. We also had enough cement to go back and put a gentle slope on the front of 12 of the tee pads. The next few days will be digging holes and pouring concrete target placements and hanging chains on the new targets. Thursday hopefully we will be placing the targets on the course, so this weekend it will be playable, except no signage. Next week will be measuring final length and elevation changes, along with mapping this all out and sending this info to Houck design where they will make our signs.

                            So yes, the course should be playable this weekend, and in a few weeks when we get our signage we will have a grand opening for the course

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                              We poured the final nine tee pads today on the new course. We also had enough cement to go back and put a gentle slope on the front of 12 of the tee pads. The next few days will be digging holes and pouring concrete target placements and hanging chains on the new targets. Thursday hopefully we will be placing the targets on the course, so this weekend it will be playable, except no signage. Next week will be measuring final length and elevation changes, along with mapping this all out and sending this info to Houck design where they will make our signs.

                              So yes, the course should be playable this weekend, and in a few weeks when we get our signage we will have a grand opening for the course
                              You are the man Bob! Seriously, thank you for everything you do. You have built it, and we WILL come.
                              Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                              PDGA #37890
                              Stumptown #157
                              ODW TDG 10-11
                              3C&D TDG 09-10

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Bob,

                                When do you think you can post some pictures or video of the new course? It would be great to see the fairways and layout now that the teepads are in.

                                Also, are any improvements coming to the other two courses sometime soon (like signage you mentioned)? It would be great to see improved baskets and signs on Canyon for example - not to mention teepads but I'm going for low hanging fruit here. I've been thinking of volunteering if you need any help, but Friday day might be the only time I have available. Need an extra pair of hands for a few hours?

                                Thanks for all your hard work. I was out there Friday morning and saw all those wonderful new yellow baskets in your workshop. It was a wonderful site all by itself.

                                -Mark

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X