X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    The game existed long before the basket was ever invented, and yes, it was still fun.

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyNClPDlxUY

do u guys know when the baskets will be put in???

Comment

Originally posted by johnny lamotte View Post
      do u guys know when the baskets will be put in???
      We're working on the baskets now, should be pouring cement with-in about two weeks, setting baskets in about three.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
        We're working on the baskets now, should be pouring cement with-in about two weeks, setting baskets in about three.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bob Horning
        By the 25th of September we will have the new course up and running. It will a Gold tee course, with two par fours and a par five. The other course may or may not be upgraded with cement tee pads, but it will have the upgraded targets that will be certified for PDGA play (as in the new course). Just letting you know for an option. later, Bob

Bob -

What are the upgraded targets like?

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
          (hey for all you people out there, I found the spellcheck icon, it's got a million other ones too, I bet one is for punctuation,
          there's so many ,no wonder I threw the book away)

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Bob Horning
            By the 25th of September we will have the new course up and running. It will a Gold tee course, with two par fours and a par five. The other course may or may not be upgraded with cement tee pads, but it will have the upgraded targets that will be certified for PDGA play (as in the new course). Just letting you know for an option. later, Bob

Bob -

What are the upgraded targets like?
            PDGA came out with actual specs this year instead of the very loose definitions. Basically our targets meet the new specs, except for a smaller ring on top that holds the chains. We're swapping these out, in addition adding another set of bars on top that hold chains so we can change the position of some inner chains, and lengthening the chains a bit. Also there is a total of 24 chains (like the highland course, not the canyon course with 18).

Comment

so sweet...

Comment

We played most of the new Hornings course today and Go damn its brutal!!!!! It is a sick ass course for sure!!!!
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

began with 8 ended with 4

play the whole thing and man one very long and hilly and supper sick. I will live on this course love it playing it all the time this winter. It took us about 4 hours to play the whole course.

hippy007

Comment

we only played 1-9 i think and the long hole 16. lost a disc on my second throw on the left just inside the tree line. Rick was showing us the course and playing with us, so he pretty much knows where it went in. I have to say right now my favorite hole is #8. The long downhill one. I ont know the distance, but way long. and that huge downhill shot through the very narrow lines in the trees. I thought i lost mine, but i found it only about 50 ft from the basket. A very fun hole!!!! cant wait for the pads to go in and of course the baskets. those cones are hard to hit, lol

Comment

Ahh #8 the first of the 420 foot holes. but it is all down 30 to 40% grade.

I like #12 the second 420 foot hole you are just standing going, "man how am i going to make it there." It is much more open then it looks at the tee though.

there are a couple holes where you want a spotter.

Comment

looking to head up there today with the little one and am wondering if the new course has baskets in and how kid friendly or stroller friendly is it. Thanks
                        The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

I wouldnt say it is kid friendly or stroller friendly at this point. No baskets in either as of last Sat. I think Rick said they had 9 or 10 made. There is small cones at the tee area and the tall skinny cones in the basket locations. There is also some poison ivy they are killing off on holes 6-9. None of us got affected by it on Sat, and I was wearing shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                            I wouldnt say it is kid friendly or stroller friendly at this point. No baskets in either as of last Sat. I think Rick said they had 9 or 10 made. There is small cones at the tee area and the tall skinny cones in the basket locations. There is also some poison ivy they are killing off on holes 6-9. None of us got affected by it on Sat, and I was wearing shorts.
                            I just took 19 baskets in this morning to be sand blasted (one is going to PDGA for certification). Also picked up enough boards to make cement forms for 9 pads, or 1 full truck load of cement. I figure to do the easy to get to pads first, which a couple of us can do, but then do the hard to get to pads a day or two later. Will be priming the baskets this evening after I pick them up, and be setting forms up this week to pour next, so it's all coming fast. I will let everyone know when we pour if they want to help. Also if you want to grab a paint brush this evening I'll have the baskets being primed and some beers out!
                            later

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                              I just took 19 baskets in this morning to be sand blasted (one is going to PDGA for certification). Also picked up enough boards to make cement forms for 9 pads, or 1 full truck load of cement. I figure to do the easy to get to pads first, which a couple of us can do, but then do the hard to get to pads a day or two later. Will be priming the baskets this evening after I pick them up, and be setting forms up this week to pour next, so it's all coming fast. I will let everyone know when we pour if they want to help. Also if you want to grab a paint brush this evening I'll have the baskets being primed and some beers out!
                              later
                              Do you have paint brushes we can use or do we need to bring them?
                              "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                                Do you have paint brushes we can use or do we need to bring them?
                                I've got about 8 paint brushes.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X