Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scores on Horning's 3

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
    Played the course today. I think that the course should be a par 59. Hole 7 is a par four in my opinion. I shot a 61. I think the course record will get set at about 56 and stay there for a while.
    I played Horning's 3 for my first time the other day, and think it is fantastic. Bob and whomever else was involved have done a great job using topography to create difficult holes. I felt like I played some pretty outstanding golf and shot a 54 (Four 4's including a monster putt on the par five, four 2's and the rest 3's - only one bogey). Felt like one of my more solid rounds ever, interested to see how it stacks up. I tend to agree with Ryan's sentiment, 54felt pretty lights out, but I would love to see some other pro's tear it up.

Hole 7 is definitely a difficult par 3, and will most likely only get two'd by throw-ins from 150 ft and out. In all fairness though, it will also be three'd probably more than it is four'd by most open players. I definitely would approve of some teepad protection on the holes like 3, but I do not think this detracts from the course. May just need some tweaking.

As an amusing side note I was amply rewarded for this good round with my car not starting and having to get towed. Hilarious. Anyway this course is definitely a fantastic challenge, and I am grateful to be able to toss discs on this wonderful property. Thanks to all who made this course happen.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X