McCormick Park Disc Golf Course Soft Opening, Saturday Dec 28th, 2013 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCormick Park Disc Golf Course Soft Opening, Saturday Dec 28th, 2013

The time has come to play McCormick Park Disc Golf Course!!! Please join us for our soft opening this Saturday. The course will still be rough around the edges, but we will have 18 tee pads pointing towards 18 fairways leading to 18 baskets.

8am - Work party. Mainly focusing on cleaning sticks and debris from the fairways.

12pm - Lunch at our course sponsor, Pour House St. Helens, a block from 17's tee pad.

1:30pm - Time to finally play this par 62 beast!

sad we have had to miss this! congrats on the course opening! cant wait to check it out!!!

Comment

Wow. Thanks for all the work that went into this course over the past year to get it whipped into shape. You've carved an epic layout into a gem of a property and a short walk to a pub to boot. Good effort and thanks for the previous reminders and work party dates y'all posted ahead of time. More heads up time hopefully gets more volunteers out to help. Well done.
      "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Well, I'll be hitting this course up on my next trip south. From the looks of the photos, you guys did a great job, that course looks fantastic!
        Basket thieves

Comment

i would have liked to been there for that.
          had other stuff unfortunately
          will get down that way soon i hope

Comment

the course is epic! quite the endeavor! thanks to all that made it happen! we had a great adventure out there !
            i was under par for a while then went to 2 up for the finish. its challenging but not impossible.
            i was happy ! ... some hectic drives there towards the end! nice work!

Comment

Great course.
              This park is going to be a great game changer for Worlds this coming year. It will slow players to a thinking about their slow game. the features are great and the landscape (and what it will be like during its first summer) is phenomenal.
              Between Blue Lake, the Milos, ORDGC-esk trojan, Pier Park and the MAC, we are going to be challenging all coming pros on every level. trojan has the water, blue lake has the grind, McCormick has the limiters, and pier has the... well... its pier. and Milo's extravagance

we have great things coming everyone.

To Logan, Jared, and Sean,
              You fellas did a wonderful job. I'll be there for all of the finishing work parties and I have to say I enjoyed this park and future events at this location have great potential

Stephen

Comment

I heard that neither Trojan nor McCormick will be played during world's. Have the planned courses changed?

Comment

Two Important Questions:

1. Is the course officially open to the public now?
                  2. Does the Pour House have a good beer selection? Fizzy, Yellow beer is NOT good

Cheers

Comment

I had heard Trojan was on the list, and it still is, but now I see that it looks like Rooster has been replaced with McCormick.
                    Basket thieves

Comment

Stu, yes the course is open. Still not fully complete, but open and playable.

Pour House has the best selection of beer on tap in St. Helens. Nothing too crazy, but you'll find a handful of decent craft options, check them out!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmonty View Post
                        I had heard Trojan was on the list, and it still is, but now I see that it looks like Rooster has been replaced with McCormick.
                        Makes sense. Although I was excited to see what the redesign would have looked like at Rooster.

Comment

The course is coming together. I made my first visit on Sunday. It is a pro-type challenging layout! The pub was supposed to be open by 11am but it was closed. I had to spend my pint money elsewhere. I will check it out next time.

Comment

sorry, forgot to mention pour house is closed sunday! we will be trying to convince them to open sundays now that the course is open, should be worth their while...

Comment

Any chance they would open for TDG Semi-Finals? That could be some good Sunday business for them.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X