X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukie update

Still no firm answers on the North Clackamas situation... there was going to be a meeting this summer, but it hasn't materialized. In early July, this is what I heard:

Thanks Adam-they have postponed the meeting until Aug. However, they probably will not discuss the item then because it is a joint meeting with the BCC and county parks board. Let's touch base when I'm back after the 20th to confirm. Thanks again.

So I wrote her back last week, and got this response:

Other guys are on vacation, so I’m pretty sure it is September. Sorry to be so wishy washy. It certainly doesn’t hurt if you want to have people send letters of support to the BCC and DAB in the meantime. You can forward through me, if you’d like. (boldface mine)

So, even in the absence of public meetings, there are things we can do to help advocate for disc golf in northern Clackamas County. Remember, there are people leaning on the committees who want NO development of any kind, including disc golf, so we need to push back. All it takes is a letter or e-mail to the boards, c/o Michelle Healy; you can find her address on the Contacts page of the "Harmony Vision" Web site: http://www.harmonyvision.org/contacts.html

[By the way, BCC = Board of County Commissioners (elected officials), and DAB = District Advisory Board (a citizen group appointed by the BCC).]
    Oregon disc golf map

Thanks for the update Adam. I was just wondering if we had any news.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X