Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new 40 acre private course at address:

7800 nw Kaiser rd portland or 97229

google it. My friend just rented that property and will have it for the next 6 years until they mow it down to build a subdivision.

When you google map it you will see his house with several trailers around it and the pinpoint will be in the middle of the street. he is on the right. The boundaries are as follows. he wants me to help him design it. To help pay for insurance and upkeep he was thinking of charging $1-$2 for a day of play. he has a pond (that i can't see on the map) and he wants hole 18 to be over the pond. here will be holes in the woods and in the fields. We could possibly do 27.

Boundaries are as follows:

back of the X-mas trees for north, main road for west, small road for south and the neighbors well mowed fields for east boundaries. Kind of in a square

He will need baskets but he is thinking of making those because he has no money LOL. if anyone has suggestions as to how he could do this on the cheap it would be great. Also any access to baskets would be awesome too. He is a hard worker and with some help we could be done with this in time to shoot in September .. maybe sooner?

Originally posted by Brian View Post
    7800 nw Kaiser rd portland or 97229

google it. My friend just rented that property and will have it for the next 6 years until they mow it down to build a subdivision.

When you google map it you will see his house with several trailers around it and the pinpoint will be in the middle of the street. he is on the right. The boundaries are as follows. he wants me to help him design it. To help pay for insurance and upkeep he was thinking of charging $1-$2 for a day of play. he has a pond (that i can't see on the map) and he wants hole 18 to be over the pond. here will be holes in the woods and in the fields. We could possibly do 27.

Boundaries are as follows:

back of the X-mas trees for north, main road for west, small road for south and the neighbors well mowed fields for east boundaries. Kind of in a square

He will need baskets but he is thinking of making those because he has no money LOL. if anyone has suggestions as to how he could do this on the cheap it would be great. Also any access to baskets would be awesome too. He is a hard worker and with some help we could be done with this in time to shoot in September .. maybe sooner?
    The pond is at the North/East corner of the X-mas trees.

Bob

Comment

I've heard of folks throwing basket fundraiser tournaments, where there exists a small payout to the winners and the rest goes towards buying baskets.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Ahhh good idea that might work (the basket fundraiser). I will have to set something up as soon as possible. I am going to go walk the property with him next week sometime in the evening. he doesn't have a job as of a couple weeks ago so he wants to utilize his time to get this going. If anyone else with experience building course wants to come out and walk it they are certainly welcome to. Although I think I could make a killer course, more input is always welcome. name a night that is good for you and we can plan it next week.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          The pond is at the North/East corner of the X-mas trees.

Bob
          yeah that pond looks nice. Possibly around 150 feet if you go sideways across it or at least double that if you go lengthwise. That could be a fun hole if you throw from the road at the top of the pond.

Comment

Search the forums on dgcoursereview.com or discgolfreview.com for "home-made baskets." People have posted a lot of ideas there. Old tires ( la Skyline Golf Course) seem to be a popular ingredient.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah we will do that for sure.

Comment

I am going to go walk it now .. anyone in? This is the beginning if the planning stage. He works quick, so he might just take the plans we make today and run with it.

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be in the "new courses" section?
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

well it's not quite a new course just yet.

Comment

He's right, though; it should be in New Courses.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Just a reminder on this. There is no course here so there is no reason to come on to the property. He has had a couple people in his driveway recently. I assured him no one on here would come out without asking. But who knows. A new course is a bit tantalizing and some people might want to go look. Please don't. The address was only for checking it out on Google maps.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          Just a reminder on this. There is no course here so there is no reason to come on to the property. He has had a couple people in his driveway recently. I assured him no one on here would come out without asking. But who knows. A new course is a bit tantalizing and some people might want to go look. Please don't. The address was only for checking it out on Google maps.

Thanks!
                          What is his intention once the course is in the ground? Will it be open for play or invite only?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X