Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VanderYacht Park, Ferndale, WA (north of Bellingham)

Bellingham Herald, 7/4/09: Ferndale could get new disc golf course

Note: The Ferndale City Council will meet at 6 p.m. Monday, July 6, in Council Chambers at the City Hall Annex, 5694 Second Ave.
    Oregon disc golf map

The new course is approved.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/102/story/981654.html
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Any idea as to when it will be put in and ready to play?
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Ferndale Record-Journal, 7/23/09: New disc golf course’s progress pressing forward
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sweet! I visit there often since my Grandparents live in Ferndale. Can't wait to check it out.

Comment

Course is getting close. Fly Mart Tee pads are installed I belive the basket collars are in place and awaiting basket installment!
            WORK LESS THROW MORE
            http://www.grippt.com

Comment

From what I hear the place is done and you can now play it, I plan on getting up there tomorrow after Cornwall, anyone know for sure if it's open?
              Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Course is open!!!!!!!! Cool course has 9 holes with Alt Pads making a fun 18 hole course. The first 4 holes are shorter shots like Rocs or Buzzzs. Then the rest of the holes open up a little with some longer shots. holes 7 and 8 play near a pond. Bring a hyzer disc for hole 8 that you would not mind losing in the water. Fly mart pads are A+. Numbers are spray painted on the pads no map at the moment. Take the Portal Way exit, second exit in Ferndale. At the stop sign as you come off the interstate take a left and the course will be half mile down the road. you can't miss the disccatchers as you get close to the park.

ADMIN....I guess its time to move this with NSRA, Mossy. etc.
                WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

VanderYacht Park forum created.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yeah I played it yesterday, pretty decent course, nothing too special but worth playing, check out my review of the course here:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/review...mode=rev#14411

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The course is great for exposure. Portal way is a busy street so its going to spark alot of interest as people drive by and see golfers throwing at the Disc Catchers. Big Mike did a good job of laying out a fun mix of holes. The first holes are great for the first timers and the back set is oriented to more experince. This was on purpose. Hole 17 is pure golf. 470+ feet with a narrow fairway and danger danger danger pond on the right! The best thing is that the city has really opened up to it in a big way. I have a feeling there will be another course up there before to long.
                      WORK LESS THROW MORE

Comment

review updated!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I am pumped to play it. Props to Big Mike and Ferndale!
                          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                            I am pumped to play it. Props to Big Mike and Ferndale!
                            For sure! Mr. leslie and all who contributed to get this course put into place with hard work and money, thank you very much as I enjoyed myself while playing, not a bad little course.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Vanderyacht Dik Golf

Greetings, Just wanted to let you all know that we are having a Grand Opening / Ribbon Cutting for our new Disk Golf Course here in Ferndale this coming Friday at 5pm. Hope you can all be there!
                              JD Pullman, Chair
                              City of Ferndale
                              Parks, Recreation and Trail Advisory Board

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X