Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Over the Hill" Bob
    started a topic Mt. Hood Community College

Mt. Hood Community College

Mt. Hood Community College just approved installation of a 27 hole course. It's going to take a lot raising money but it will be worth it for sure. Steve Carson and/or Jordan Lewis will have more news forth coming. What a year this is, Stubb Stewart, Hornings, and now Mt. Hood CC.

Bob

• DEG3
    replied
    Oregon Collegiate Disc Golf League

Hello MHCC Disc Golf!

My name is Sean Delohery, and I'd like to invite your club to participate in the Oregon Collegiate Disc Golf League. I am the president of the club at Oregon State University, and with a few other clubs in the state we have built a league for us to compete in. Last year was the first season and we are looking to grow beyond the 4 participating teams; Oregon State University, University of Oregon, Lane Community College, and Willamette University. We have reached out to other schools with varying degrees of success; PCC, LBCC, and Western U seem to be the most promising additions to the league.

The format is simple, there is a one round match each month, totaling 8 throughout the school year.
    Every team in the league is responsible for hosting at least one match at a course in their area.
    You are welcome to bring as many in your club as are able to attend, the best 3 scores from your club count as your teams score for the match.
    1st place earns 3 points, 2nd place earns 2 points, and 3rd place earns 1 point; the team with the most points at the end of the season.

We have a trophy, with engraving slots for the next 15 years, OSU won the Cup last year.

We also have a Women's team, so if you have any lady golfers, our ladies really want more ladies to play.
    We are a club of all skill levels and would love it if you would join us and the rest of the league.

Thanks,
    Sean Delohery
    OSU-DGC President

Leave a comment:

• Jet
    replied
    This would be sweet to have this course. We need another one out here in Gresham for sure!

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Still pluggin' along...

Originally posted by K3VL4R D1SC View Post
    is this still happening? or has this thing fizzled out?
    Yeah, if you could widen the road on Cochran and put in a left turn refuge for our new parking lot, you'd go a long way in helping get the course in place...

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    It has not fizzled, but it will be a long term project for sure. We're all keeping our fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• K3VL4R D1SC
    replied
    MHCC

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Keep the faith!

has there been any developments with the mhcc course? it would be great in this neighborhood!
    Alas, we have been mired in the depths of bureaucracy but we soldier on. As soon I as know something that is worth posting, I will do so. I did have much fun creating a preliminary map of the course for the pre-application meeting...

Leave a comment:

• K3VL4R D1SC
    replied
    MHCC??

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Mt. Hood Community College just approved installation of a 27 hole course. It's going to take a lot raising money but it will be worth it for sure. Steve Carson and/or Jordan Lewis will have more news forth coming. What a year this is, Stubb Stewart, Hornings, and now Mt. Hood CC.

Bob
    has there been any developments with the mhcc course? it would be great in this neighborhood!

Leave a comment:

• dooley
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    Don't get too down yet, we haven't hit any insurmountable obstacles, but the process is very long.

I noticed the new construction along Stark as well but do not know who is doing that. I looks more like they are getting around to widening the road to two lanes at least down to the light at Troutdale Rd.

So hang in there, we are still working on it!
    It is possible Metro has gone foward with their plans for a nature/walking trail on their property which is accessed off of Stark....not sure though.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by robdillpdx View Post
    I drove by the other day and saw a new sidewalk going in along stark. Does this change anything? Is this related at all? Dam it sure would be nice....
    Don't get too down yet, we haven't hit any insurmountable obstacles, but the process is very long.

I noticed the new construction along Stark as well but do not know who is doing that. I looks more like they are getting around to widening the road to two lanes at least down to the light at Troutdale Rd.

So hang in there, we are still working on it!

Leave a comment:

• robdillpdx
    replied
    That's too bad....

I drove by the other day and saw a new sidewalk going in along stark. Does this change anything? Is this related at all? Dam it sure would be nice....

Leave a comment:

• dooley
    replied
    Originally posted by robdillpdx View Post
    Why don't we throw tourney's at existing courses as fundraisers to build new ones? Just a thought....
    this particular land would require extensive street improvements including curb and sidewalks before the actual parking lot could be put in and the county will not allow it otherwise....so it would be financially prohibitive for something the college has stated would not be permanent....we tried though

Leave a comment:

• robdillpdx
    replied
    Why don't we throw tourney's at existing courses as fundraisers to build new ones? Just a thought....

Leave a comment:

• keith_shupp
    replied
    We are still working on it with the county and city of troutdale. This part of the land is next to metro land and is by troutdale road. Metro is trying to build a walking trail and parking and so are we but not in the same area. This will not happen over night but some of us are still working on it and hope this spring we will have more news to share.

This course is being payed for through donations and MHCC is letting us use the land but they have no money like everyone else these days. The board members aproved the use of the land and we are to raise the money for the course and parking lot.

Leave a comment:

• Takkunen
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
    who is supposed to pay for it?
    I'm sure the college doesn't have the money for it.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X