Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
    Why not propose something to the college about a parking permit for the course kind of like the state park pass then the college could use the money back into the course.
    Mostly because the course will not start and/or end right next to any of the existing parking lots and the school doesn't want to use the student/teacher parking lots for non-school parking.

When you look at the cost of installing a disc golf course, you aren't talking about that much money. But to put in a paved parking lot would cost more than the amount we would use to buy/install the baskets and 'build' the course.

Then there is the 'sexy' factor. When asked to give money to sponsor a basket on a new course you're more likely to get a yes; does that fly as well when you need to ask for money to build a parking lot for said course?

I was hoping that a glorified 'wide spot in the road' approach would work best, but we are probably looking at a major development. A paved parking lot on the corner of Troutdale Rd & CochranRd/Sweetbriar Rd may be the solution.

Leave a comment:

• Scotty B
    replied
    Why not propose something to the college about a parking permit for the course kind of like the state park pass then the college could use the money back into the course.

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    How so?
    It is my understanding that with the addition of a parking lot some city planning or traffic studies etc will have to take place.
    Last edited by Bullseye; July 20th, 2009, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    We are getting ready to meet with the City of Troutdale to talk about the parking lot. This could be the biggest obstacle to getting the course installed.
    How so?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
    any news on this course?
    We are getting ready to meet with the City of Troutdale to talk about the parking lot. This could be the biggest obstacle to getting the course installed.

Leave a comment:

• ryanajanes
    replied
    any news on this course?

Leave a comment:

• "Over the Hill" Bob
    replied
    I'm pretty inspired by what I saw today. The options are just endless. BUT, get your machetes sharpened up and your clippers out. There will be a lot of blackberry cutting and brush/tree trimming. We weren't able to walk the whole thing because of blackberries blocking the "fairway". My next visit will be with machete in hand.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
    Ha! and Stub Stewart isn't halfway to the coast?
    Who said it wasn't? I'm much happier to hear about Mt. Hood C.C. than Stewart. But I'm still hoping for something LESS than half an hour from my house....

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Damn. Too bad it's so far out on the east side, but still... well done, MHCC.
    Ha! and Stub Stewart isn't halfway to the coast?

Well played sir!

Leave a comment:

• chris7graham
    replied
    All i got to say is wow so much work to do on this course but well worth it .what can i say but it is huge .we walked like only 10 achers dammmmm... lots of room

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Don't forget the University of OB in Weed, CA.
    ...which now has the 36-hole Mt. Shasta Disc Golf Complex just 10 miles away.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Don't forget the University of OB in Weed, CA.
    So many choices.

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    Western Oregon University has a killlller 9 hole course Brody, make sure you weight each college with a DGC carefully

Leave a comment:

• Brody Cannon
    replied
    27 holes?!
    I think I know where I want to go to college now..

Leave a comment:

• "Over the Hill" Bob
    replied
    Just a heads up though, just because they ok'd a course, don't expect to go out there next week and play golf. A lot of money is going to need to be raised and a LOT of labor prepping the course. As I understand it, hole sponsorships will be sold for $500, to include basket, tee pad, and tee signs. I'm going out to meet up with Jordan and Keith to walk the area this afternoon.

AND we can't neglect the work already underway on Stubb Stewart. In the coming months/year, we are going to need every disc golfer we can get, to help out on work parties.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X