Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next meeting is August 20th with the city of Troutdale for the parking lot. Jordan lewis and myself will be meeting them with Kim from Mt. hood comm. college. Kim is a long time employee who also loves to play disc golf and who has lead this quest for a course at the college. This could become one of the best courses in Oregon if we do it right but we need your help.

Mt. Hood college has no funds to help put this course in so we have to raise funds for the course and to do the labor to clear the course. Kim will be setting up a account with the college for donations and a tax ID number so you can also write off your donation. also please becareful of what you say or do on this forum about this course because people at the college do read this forum. I would like to thank Kim and the board members at Mt. hood for giving us this chance to put in one of the best courses in Oregon on their land.

I will update the course after our meeting and will soon post the donation info. If you have any Questions give me a email at keithshupp@yahoo.com
    X - Man

Comment

I think that fundraiser tournaments are the easiest way to get golfers to donate their cash. Doubles with a modest payout and the rest going to the pot.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

A 27 hole course at MHCC?

This is good news! I live in Estacada and got an aas degree focusing on environmental studies at MHCC. This location has great potential for a disc golf course. I would've loved to have a course next to the campus I could play at when I had a lengthy wait between classes.

I know a lot of local players that can be motivated to do some manual labor or participate in other areas. I'm excited about this course and want to help out any way I can. I will keep checking this thread for any news.

Comment

I do road construction(parking lots)and may be able to help...possibly some donated equipment and operators when we get to that point.Depending on what will be required (excavating,grading etc.)and if the lot must be paved or if gravel will work, we can do most ourselves.I will keep checking this thread for updates

Comment

Originally posted by dooley View Post
            i do road construction(parking lots)and may be able to help...possibly some donated equipment and operators when we get to that point.depending on what will be required (excavating,grading etc.)and if the lot must be paved or if gravel will work, we can do most ourselves.i will keep checking this thread for updates
            DOOOOOLEY!!! YOU DA MAN!!!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by dooley View Post
              I do road construction(parking lots)and may be able to help...possibly some donated equipment and operators when we get to that point.Depending on what will be required (excavating,grading etc.)and if the lot must be paved or if gravel will work, we can do most ourselves.I will keep checking this thread for updates
              Dooley we have a meeting on the 20th with the city of Troutdale about the parking lot. could you make that meeting give me a call at 503-939-0598.
              Thanks Keith
              X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                Dooley we have a meeting on the 20th with the city of Troutdale about the parking lot. could you make that meeting give me a call at 503-939-0598.
                Thanks Keith
                progress update soon...lots of paperwork to sort thru....have an idea where to begin...:

Comment

Volunteers

Hey, when class starts (september 28th) get a hold of James Dezellem in the student government office. He wants to help get support from the campus.

Comment

Also, there is potential for a small amount of money being donated through student government. Also maybe the parking could be set up like Rockwood is, with angled parking all the way down Troutdale road.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Boulton View Post
                      Also, there is potential for a small amount of money being donated through student government. Also maybe the parking could be set up like Rockwood is, with angled parking all the way down Troutdale road.
                      We are always looking for more help with the money end, thanks. But we've looked at the parking idea and the city wants pervious pavement and it can't be along Troutdale Rd unless we bring it inside the line of trees. Besides, we want to be upscale compared to Rockwood (which shouldn't be hard).

Thanks for your interest in the new disc golf course at MHCC!
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

If you need help with sorting through paperwork etc. PM me - a friend that I golf with is planning director for the city of Fairview and is pretty familiar with development work, parking lots etc.

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        We are always looking for more help with the money end, thanks. But we've looked at the parking idea and the city wants pervious pavement and it can't be along Troutdale Rd unless we bring it inside the line of trees. Besides, we want to be upscale compared to Rockwood (which shouldn't be hard).

Thanks for your interest in the new disc golf course at MHCC!

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                          If you need help with sorting through paperwork etc. PM me - a friend that I golf with is planning director for the city of Fairview and is pretty familiar with development work, parking lots etc.
                          Thanks for the offer Erp but we have a pro working on it who has done this for a long time and that is Tom Dooley.
                          X - Man

Comment

Awesome to hear about a course at MHCC! I'm assuming those involved with the planning of the course know that METRO owns some land in between the Mt Hood property along Troutdale Road and the property where the campus is?

Comment