X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Don't forget the University of OB in Weed, CA.
    ...which now has the 36-hole Mt. Shasta Disc Golf Complex just 10 miles away.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

All i got to say is wow so much work to do on this course but well worth it .what can i say but it is huge .we walked like only 10 achers dammmmm... lots of room
      PDGA # 31451
      2 Mini Aces
      74 Aces
      PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
      DISC GOLF OR DIE
      BOB CABAL
      DISCVANGO
      JEFF ELLIOT
      G-MAN
      JORDAN LEWIS
      JEFF HAGERTY
      JAMES GARCELON
      SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Damn. Too bad it's so far out on the east side, but still... well done, MHCC.
        Ha! and Stub Stewart isn't halfway to the coast?

Well played sir!
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          Ha! and Stub Stewart isn't halfway to the coast?
          Who said it wasn't? I'm much happier to hear about Mt. Hood C.C. than Stewart. But I'm still hoping for something LESS than half an hour from my house....
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I'm pretty inspired by what I saw today. The options are just endless. BUT, get your machetes sharpened up and your clippers out. There will be a lot of blackberry cutting and brush/tree trimming. We weren't able to walk the whole thing because of blackberries blocking the "fairway". My next visit will be with machete in hand.

Bob

Comment

any news on this course?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
                any news on this course?
                We are getting ready to meet with the City of Troutdale to talk about the parking lot. This could be the biggest obstacle to getting the course installed.

Comment

We are getting ready to meet with the City of Troutdale to talk about the parking lot. This could be the biggest obstacle to getting the course installed.
                  How so?
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    How so?
                    It is my understanding that with the addition of a parking lot some city planning or traffic studies etc will have to take place.
                    Last edited by Bullseye; July 20th, 2009, 01:58 PM.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Why not propose something to the college about a parking permit for the course kind of like the state park pass then the college could use the money back into the course.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
                        Why not propose something to the college about a parking permit for the course kind of like the state park pass then the college could use the money back into the course.
                        Mostly because the course will not start and/or end right next to any of the existing parking lots and the school doesn't want to use the student/teacher parking lots for non-school parking.

When you look at the cost of installing a disc golf course, you aren't talking about that much money. But to put in a paved parking lot would cost more than the amount we would use to buy/install the baskets and 'build' the course.

Then there is the 'sexy' factor. When asked to give money to sponsor a basket on a new course you're more likely to get a yes; does that fly as well when you need to ask for money to build a parking lot for said course?

I was hoping that a glorified 'wide spot in the road' approach would work best, but we are probably looking at a major development. A paved parking lot on the corner of Troutdale Rd & CochranRd/Sweetbriar Rd may be the solution.

Comment

Mostly because the course will not start and/or end right next to any of the existing parking lots and the school doesn't want to use the student/teacher parking lots for non-school parking.

When you look at the cost of installing a disc golf course, you aren't talking about that much money. But to put in a paved parking lot would cost more than the amount we would use to buy/install the baskets and 'build' the course.

Then there is the 'sexy' factor. When asked to give money to sponsor a basket on a new course you're more likely to get a yes; does that fly as well when you need to ask for money to build a parking lot for said course?

I was hoping that a glorified 'wide spot in the road' approach would work best, but we are probably looking at a major development. A paved parking lot on the corner of Troutdale Rd & CochranRd/Sweetbriar Rd may be the solution.
                          That is what I was afraid of about the parking i also was wondering about the parking lot by the Dairy Queen there is alot of unused parking on that side side of the road also a good oppurtunity for a disc shack you know instead of coffee drive thru discs.

Comment

i was wondering if the meeting about the parking situation happened and if it did, what was proposed/said?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
                              i also was wondering about the parking lot by the Dairy Queen there is alot of unused parking on that side side of the road
                              If you make a parking lot for a business and not many people park there, you are not very likely to view it as 'unused parking' but as YOUR parking. And the last thing people want is people parking in THEIR parking if you are not patronizing their business.

Comment

If you make a parking lot for a business and not many people park there, you are not very likely to view it as 'unused parking' but as YOUR parking. And the last thing people want is people parking in THEIR parking if you are not patronizing their business.
                                I agree about not using the parking directly in front of the businesses but being a local of the area I know that alot of the lot goes unused 90% of the time. I also believe that if enough foot traffic is going by these businesses they might even see people stop in and spend some money something to look into before another parking lot has to be built I believe that is where most overflow parking would go anyways.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X