X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt. Hood Community College

Mt. Hood Community College just approved installation of a 27 hole course. It's going to take a lot raising money but it will be worth it for sure. Steve Carson and/or Jordan Lewis will have more news forth coming. What a year this is, Stubb Stewart, Hornings, and now Mt. Hood CC.

Bob

Damn. Too bad it's so far out on the east side, but still... well done, MHCC.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
      Mt. Hood Community College just approved installation of a 27 hole course. It's going to take a lot raising money but it will be worth it for sure. Steve Carson and/or Jordan Lewis will have more news forth coming. What a year this is, Stubb Stewart, Hornings, and now Mt. Hood CC.

Bob
      That is great news indeed. When's the first work party!!!!
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        That is great news indeed. When's the first work party!!!!
        We're not done with Stub Stewart yet!

Oh the choices!!

This is really great news! What kind of land is MHCC sitting on out there? Lots of unused fields and forest or is the course likely to run through the campus?

Comment

Congratulations! MHCC are doing what they can to support the growth and exercise for the local people! Way to go!
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            We're not done with Stub Stewart yet!

Oh the choices!!

This is really great news! What kind of land is MHCC sitting on out there? Lots of unused fields and forest or is the course likely to run through the campus?
            From what I have heard the land is similar to Dabney in tree density, but I haven't seen the land myself.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

yay

me and jordan and keith are going to walk the land today tell you later what it is like so excited cant wait for this course
              PDGA # 31451
              2 Mini Aces
              74 Aces
              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
              DISC GOLF OR DIE
              BOB CABAL
              DISCVANGO
              JEFF ELLIOT
              G-MAN
              JORDAN LEWIS
              JEFF HAGERTY
              JAMES GARCELON
              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

Bob
                I heard Steve talk about this at the Stumptown meeting last week and was VERY hopeful - Mykall and I drove by the acreage a few weeks ago and thought OMG, this would make a beautiful course , and we wouldn't even get near the campus! I'm SO EXCITED about MHCC getting a course!! As soon as I'm able I will be volunteering for this one.

Comment

This will be a sweet course so much land to work with lots of elevation change and also open and technical stuff to work with as well. I only hope that it gets taken care of better then Dabney I shot a round on Wednesday and the overgrowth is out of hand the open field for holes 3 and 10 the grass is way long and alot of the holes could use some good weed wacking does anyone know who is responsible for this aspect of the park and why it isn't better maintained. I also picked up alot of trash on my round some as close as 10 steps from a trash can lets all do our part and make sure to dispose of our trash please.

Comment

MHCC and Dabney within 5 minute drive of each other...JOY

Comment

Who knows exactly where they're planning on, but there's a lot of land out there: http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/oregon...munity+College
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Just a heads up though, just because they ok'd a course, don't expect to go out there next week and play golf. A lot of money is going to need to be raised and a LOT of labor prepping the course. As I understand it, hole sponsorships will be sold for $500, to include basket, tee pad, and tee signs. I'm going out to meet up with Jordan and Keith to walk the area this afternoon.

AND we can't neglect the work already underway on Stubb Stewart. In the coming months/year, we are going to need every disc golfer we can get, to help out on work parties.

Bob

Comment

27 holes?!
                          I think I know where I want to go to college now..

Comment

Western Oregon University has a killlller 9 hole course Brody, make sure you weight each college with a DGC carefully

Comment

Don't forget the University of OB in Weed, CA.
                              So many choices.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X