Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help getting a course in Sherwood.

Hey everybody, a few months back, I emailed Sherwood's Park and Recreation department about adding a disc golf course and they said they were interested. However, since I've been in college, I haven't been able to get any follow up on the issue. I do, however, plan to work on this more during the summer. If there is anyone who knows a good park that needs a disc golf course please email me at chaseestepmusic@hotmail.com. I'm fairly new to the city, but I live close to Pioneer park and have found that even though it's a fairly small park, the wooded area could house a beautiful short ~6 hole course.

Thanks for all your imput and help.
    Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Sweet. Find a big park. We need more big courses this side of town.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

- Pioneer Park is less than 3 acres, and one side of it is right next to people's backyards; I don't know if it would be the best choice.
      - Stella Olson Park might be too wetland-ish, as a stream meanders through it.
      - Sunset Park has enough free space (about 6 acres), but not many trees.
      - Woodhaven Park looks similar in size and character to Sunset.

So Sherwood's City Parks are not ideal; Sunset is probably the best bet, even if it wouldn't be the most exciting DG course. However, they've got a whole lot of undeveloped space that isn't official designated as "park" but might be public land -- for example, along Cedar Creek, or in the wedge between Edy Road and 99W, or between the railroad tracks and Oregon Street on the east side of town. You might see if there are any options there.

You might also talk to St. Francis Catholic Church and the church just to the south of them; St. Francis has at least 4 acres of heavy woods on the east side of their property.

My sources for all of this:
      http://www.acme.com/planimeter/
      http://www.maps.ci.sherwood.or.us/mu...Map%202008.pdf

Another option, of course, is to look outside the Sherwood City Limits, but you said you'd already had some interest from the City, so run with that for now...
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Outside Sherwood City Limits there is Champoeg, Hoover and Ewing. Sure, they are in the city limits of another town (the last two, anyway) but they are what... 5 miles away? Less?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Outside Sherwood City Limits there is Champoeg, Hoover and Ewing. Sure, they are in the city limits of another town (the last two, anyway) but they are what... 5 miles away? Less?
          Dude. The city told him they might be interested in putting in a course, and you're discouraging him??
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Not at all... just doesn't sound like much room in this small town.
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X