X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pier park x2

i heard from someone recently that there was going to be a 2nd 18 at pier. they said it would be across the traintracks where all that construction is happening in that dog park. is there any truth in this? i talked to someone i was playing a round with and they said they had talked to the head of construction or something. i was wondering if anyone had heard anything

We've heard it for a while. I have heard 9 or 12 holes and Dave Blado has scoped out the land, already. We shall see what happens but the park could use some relief from the big crowds and this would definitely help that cause.

The beautiful part of the story is that that land is where the parks department practices with their bulldozers. They could sculpt us out some rolling hills and interesting topography, for sure... and then leave.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I've heard this rumor for a couple of years, but never from an official source.

It seems unlikely that this would be added as a part of Pier Park as there is currently no safe way to cross the tracks.

Looks like there would be room for a good 9 or a small 18.

Comment

Chimney Park is 16.75 acres of city-owned property; you could maybe get 18 holes over there if you used every available scrap of land.

http://www.portlandmaps.com/detail.c...ertyid=R501678

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        It seems unlikely that this would be added as a part of Pier Park as there is currently no safe way to cross the tracks.
        Columbia Boulevard has a sidewalk. Problem is, you'd have to enter and exit using the same point (along existing hole #18).
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Doesn't appear to be the same type of woods as Pier. Looks to be pretty heavy undergrowth. Who wants to have a work party?

Comment

pier definitely needs some relief, i was there yesterday and it was crazy. got stuck behind two groups of 8, skipped holes then got stuck behind 2 other groups of similar size. never going on a sunday again

Comment

Originally posted by ryanajanes View Post
              never going on a sunday again
              You can go on Sunday... just not after 9:30 AM!
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sundays are about the only day I ever make it out there and I NEVER have a problem with crowds. I usually finish my second round around 9:00 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X