Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Keizer! Kevin Watson and Chris Wilcox rock!
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
      One women complain how the baskets destroyed the natural look of Adair Park where she walks her dogs. I think that is where the anti-yellow thing came from.
      These types of comments crack me up. Does she also complain about the paved paths, streetlights, stairs, boardwalks, and other non-natural ammenties in the park?

Comment

If these are the worst complaints they have, I say let 'em gripe.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          If these are the worst complaints they have, I say let 'em gripe.
          Agreed. I'm not worked up about it, I just think it's pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
            The City Council has voted.
            The DGC has been approved. We also got the money.
            The only thing they don't want is Yellow baskets.
            Expect to see a working party in June or July.

Congrats

and inner chains are always a good addition for not much more $$

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Freaking fantastic! Congrats to Kevin Watson on taking this from an idea to a reality! And big thanks to everyone else that got this project to this point.

Please give as much advanced warning as possible on the work parties. I intend to help with this course a lot but my summer weekends are filling up so early warning will help my cause.

Comment

Salem Statesman-Journal article: Keizer park to get disc golf course

Includes this well-researched gem: "Disc golf courses may be nine, 18 or 24 holes, states disclife.com."
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Salem Statesman-Journal article: Keizer park to get disc golf course

Includes this well-researched gem: "Disc golf courses may be nine, 18 or 24 holes, states disclife.com."
                  And this outdated nugget: "There are public disc golf courses in Salem at Woodmansee Park and Cascades Gateway Park, and more than 2,000 installed disc golf courses in the world." I've seen this outdated statistic several times recently. The PDGA course directory currently lists 2903 courses, and who knows how many others are out there. The total is most certainly well over 3000.

I also loved the reference to the disc golf area as a "court".

But any press is good press, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    I also loved the reference to the disc golf area as a "court".
                    Well, to be fair, that one was probably a typo.

The most recent content I can find on disclife.com is from 2003; the "PDGA" section of their site lists the "2001 Tournament Schedule." You'd think reporters could vet their sources a little more carefully.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Well, to be fair, that one was probably a typo.

The most recent content I can find on disclife.com is from 2003; the "PDGA" section of their site lists the "2001 Tournament Schedule." You'd think reporters could vet their sources a little more carefully.
                      Vet their sources? Hell, apparently they can't even proof-read their copy!

Comment

And the Keizer Times has their article up now: Disc golf coming to Keizer (scroll down a bit)

"Despite the wisecracks and genuine curiosity from city councilors, the proposal passed unanimously."

By the way, is Kevin Watson on this forum? If not, let's rope him in.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yet another Statesman-Review article, whose disc golf content is almost identical to the last one but with slightly fewer factual errors: City's newest park to get new feature: a disc golf course

I guess maybe their reporters actually read the comments people leave...
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X