Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the city of Shoreline know or approve of the course there?
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I believe that Fircrest is a state institution. So the city of Shoreline may or may not be aware of it, but it's really none of their beeswax.

Looks like a good layout there Andrew. You're right, the "Alt 7" hole is risky, which is kind of a shame because it's pretty sweet terrain otherwise. I was trying to look at some way of playing it that wouldn't be so dangerous, teeing from a different spot or something, but I didn't see anything that would be foolproof.

I have a 12 hole safari layout of sorts that I play when I go out there, it just makes use of the 5 baskets out in the open, so I can practice drives and get some sun if I'm lucky. Maybe I'll try to make a map of it here later on.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
        Does the city of Shoreline know or approve of the course there?
        This is the State of Washingtons land not Shorelines and Yes the State has given me approval.

Comment

I have one more basket to put out, I am thinking about making it #4 and then sure current #4 basket for #5. #5 will be #6 and then I have 8 total. I am going to have to make one more basket.

I will update the map as I make any changes on post one.

Let me know when you will be playing here again cefire I will show you had I made it, pretty simple.

Comment

So this course is ok to play anytime? I play wierd hours because of my job so sometimes I play early in the morning. Also are you trying to keep this course to only members here or can I invite my friends and tell people about this? I thought I would ask first since this is your course and it's not posted on any website that I know of. Another thing: do you need help with maintaining the course? I can at least do grunt work at the course if needed and I am willing to help out anyway that I can.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The course is open to the public, so come and tell anyone you want, currently I only have 7 holes(refer to the first post). You can come play within reasonable hours, 6am-10pm or dark.

I am trying to get access to some more of the wooded area where holes 6-7. I will post when I get approval to clear out some brush.

Comment

What are the aprox distances of the holes? Living far south I might make the trip to check it out if there is a bit of a challenge awaiting me.
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I drove bye, didn't play any just saw a couple of baskets, not sure where the course starts yet, I'm going to get together with Robinhood later this week or next but what I saw leads me to believe that it's more technical than anything and that most of the holes are going to be right around 300 feet maybe less, but it looks well worth playing even in the infant state it is now.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

These are the approximate distances.

#1 275 ft
                    #2 315 ft
                    #3 375 ft
                    #4 200 ft
                    #5 300 ft
                    #6 215 ft

Future #4 will be nice and long maybe 400+ ft

Comment

I am in need of some supplies to finish a new homebrew basket, I am working on one like the one found at http://discgolflover.blogspot.com/

Currently I have the top all done but I have no L brackets or wood for the base. If anyone has any supplies laying around let me know. Once I have this new homebrew basket and one more M-14 in I will have a full 9.
                      As of now I am planning on doing the following with the two basket placements.

Comment

That looks really good, I was looking at the smaller field after the drop off from the hill for a nice long down hill shot, I am glad you are going to put that in, we are thinking alike. I probably have the wood for that Robin, not sure about the brackets but I might have those as well, I would gladly donate them to you. I'm going out there around 3:45pm today if anyone wants to play I'm wearing an orange/red shirt and black jeans.
                        Last edited by sillybizz; June 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

The only dry place to throw in Seattle today, not mushy at all in the fields, course looks great.
                          I did not see any baskets down on the lower field, just the 5 in the old layout that I remember, did I miss some new ones ?

Comment

Nope. The course still only has five baskets and will forever have five baskets, the guy who got them to put in baskets no longer works for them.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Perhaps that is an area the SDGC could look at eventually and perhaps redoing to become a legit 9 hole course? Just a thought.
                              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
                                Perhaps that is an area the SDGC could look at eventually and perhaps redoing to become a legit 9 hole course? Just a thought.
                                That is on state land, I'm not sure how much land we can use up and I have heard that it is worth a ton of money and they are thinking of selling it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X