X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evanders View Post
    Ok seriously let us know the next meeting and you can email me direct if need be.
    As far as I know, no more public meetings have been announced. The best thing we can do right now is drum up support. Get all of your disc-golfing friends and family to submit their comments.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

E-mail today from Michelle Healy (boldface emphasis mine):

Hi Adam, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We are working on
      determining the next steps. However, I can tell you that I'm getting
      some push back from our advisory board about disc golf in this location
      because of the concerns for the natural resources. I guess some of the
      advocates against it have been contacting a few of the members directly.

As a result, I would encourage you (and any anyone else) to attend our
      next advisory board meeting to share with them your thoughts about how
      disc golf can work on this site. Also, to explain how it works in other
      areas, etc. They still might recommend against it, however, I think it
      is only fair that you have a chance to share your thoughts too.

I believe the meeting is July 9 (Thursday) at 5:30 pm. I will need to
      confirm the location. Also, I unfortunately will not be at the meeting.
      However, I will put together a packet of all the public input to date
      for the board, which includes comments from disc golfers.

Will this July 9 meeting finally be the one where disc golfers ACTUALLY SHOW UP? This may be the last chance.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Will this July 9 meeting finally be the one where disc golfers ACTUALLY SHOW UP? This may be the last chance.
        Let's hope so, our presence at this meeting might be the most important one to date. The conservationists know how to promote their interests...can we effectively coordinate and represent ours?

There certainly is no reason the two groups can't coexist in this 100 acre piece of land.

I won't be able to make the next Stumptown meeting. Will you bring this up if no one else does Bob?

Comment

Originally posted by PDXDuck View Post
          Let's hope so, our presence at this meeting might be the most important one to date. The conservationists know how to promote their interests...can we effectively coordinate and represent ours?

There certainly is no reason the two groups can't coexist in this 100 acre piece of land.

I won't be able to make the next Stumptown meeting. Will you bring this up if no one else does Bob?
          I'll be at the meeting. I'll bring it up.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Co-opting the message

I think we have a real advantage here if we can leverage the results at Pier and other Disc Golf parks against the alternatives. What are the environmental groups proposing? If we can find out what they want we can show how disc golf is a better use for the site and a better fit for the environment. From reading the articles about Mr. Runyard and their overall position on any development I think we have a real opportunity to be a reasonable alternative middle ground for the city. Hope I can make the next meeting.
            Evan

Comment

The July 9 meeting has been postponed.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                The July 9 meeting has been postponed.
                Whew! I really wanted to go but had a conflict with Stumptown meeting. Problem solved! Let me know when it gets rescheduled.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  Whew! I really wanted to go but had a conflict with Stumptown meeting. Problem solved! Let me know when it gets rescheduled.

Bob
                  Second that. I was going to go but really wanted to make the Stumptown meeting too. Now I can make both.

Did they say anything else Adam, or just that it was postponed?

Comment

Here's Michelle's exact words: "They have postponed the meeting until Aug. However, they probably will not discuss the item then because it is a joint meeting with the BCC and county parks board. Let's touch base when I'm back after the 20th to confirm."
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I haven't been on here in awhile and was just thinking about this course. I'm glad the meeting is postponed for now as well since I have to play records. I wonder who I know that knows people that might help make a difference....hmmmm
                      cheers!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X