X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horning's would like a few opinion letters for a Grant

Hi all, this week I'm applying for a grant from Washington County Visitors Association and a few opinion letters from some folks would be great. A few weeks ago I recieved a email from Washington County Visitors Association sayng that they would be giving out some grant money for projects that would increase tourism. What the visitors association is looking for is reasurance that there be an increase in the number of visitors from outside the area (over 50 Miles) visiting Washington County if they give me a grant to help build the third course. What I've heard from several people is that it will be a big draw to have three 18 hole courses at one place. I'm guessing that it could draw maybe on the average of 4 out of town visitors a day. This grant would be a big help to get the cement pads in, so if a few of you could take some time to drop me a line we can get this done. My email address is bob@horningshideout.com.
    Thanks!!

Bob, you might consider posting on the Disc Golf Course Review forums as well. The whole purpose of that site is finding courses to play, and some people take their disc golf traveling pretty seriously.

Of course, you can probably get plenty of Seattle and Southern Oregon people just from this site... they're more than 50 miles out.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks Adam, just did that. The grant would be a big help, because not only would cement pads go in, but also proffesional signage too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Of course, you can probably get plenty of Seattle and Southern Oregon people just from this site... they're more than 50 miles out.
        It sure SEEMS like 50 miles from my place when I take the MAX out there...
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
          Hi all, this week I'm applying for a grant from Washington County Visitors Association and a few opinion letters from some folks would be great. A few weeks ago I recieved a email from Washington County Visitors Association sayng that they would be giving out some grant money for projects that would increase tourism. What the visitors association is looking for is reasurance that there be an increase in the number of visitors from outside the area (over 50 Miles) visiting Washington County if they give me a grant to help build the third course. What I've heard from several people is that it will be a big draw to have three 18 hole courses at one place. I'm guessing that it could draw maybe on the average of 4 out of town visitors a day. This grant would be a big help to get the cement pads in, so if a few of you could take some time to drop me a line we can get this done. My email address is bob@horningshideout.com.
          Thanks!!
          You have mail!

Bob

Comment

And hopefully you have an email from me as well. If you need any changes made, please let me know. Good luck, sir.

~Z
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

I just sent my message to you, Bob. It's mostly a list -- with a couple paragraphs of explanation -- of every town in the Northwest that I've visited ONLY because of the presence of a disc golf course (Newberg, Albany, Corvallis, Longview, etc.).
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Thanks all, they're great!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X