Keizer Parks Board recommends new course at Keizer Rapids Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keizer Parks Board recommends new course at Keizer Rapids Park

http://www.keizertimes.com/news/resu...story_no=10906
    Last edited by Vector_2008; March 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM. Reason: url changed

Can never have to many DG courses around.

Congrats to Keizer Parks
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Great news. Can someone from the area tell us about the land?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        Great news. Can someone from the area tell us about the land?
        About 2/3's thick evergreen forest. The rest is river overflow land with some trees and brush. There are some elevation changes of about 10 - 15 feet. There are 2 ponds on the property.

Check out these coordinates: 4459'45.81"N 123 3'40.44"W

Comment

That's freakin' fantastic.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Sweet. I've been to this park, and a disc course is exactly what it needs. It's also not that far from where my grandma lives. Funny story... I went to this park last summer cause my grandma told me there was a course already there. Apparently she read some kind of rumor about it in the local paper at the time. She didn't believe my brother and I when we told her there was no disc course.

Comment

Angled bird's eye view, looking north: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?cp...&style=o&lvl=1
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I've walked around in this area and there is lots of potential for a really nice course depending on what the city allows to be used and how much clearing they allow in certain areas.

I'll gladly pitch in some of that "in kind labor" stated in the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  Angled bird's eye view, looking north: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?cp...&style=o&lvl=1
                  Looks awesome. Should make for a nice mix of open/long and wooded/short holes.

Comment

Yay. I finally figured out the attachment thingy. Kevin Watson, a tournament playing Assistant City Manager for Keizer, emailed this proposed map for the Keizer Rapids course.

He asked that all who are interested in assisting the installation or any other help to email him at WatsonK@Keizer.org. It's a little rough, but you'll get an idea of what they're thinking.
                    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Once again: that's freakin' fantastic.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

How often will that area be used for anything other than DG? There are a lot of shots that cross paths, some that cross multiple paths.

Comment

I heard that it was a park that could use a "sprucing up"...not sure what that means. It floods pretty good in the winter too. That's all I know.
                          Last edited by Bullseye; March 18th, 2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: fixing a typo... because I know he can spell ;)
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            How often will that area be used for anything other than DG? There are a lot of shots that cross paths, some that cross multiple paths.
                            The rough draft layout is trying to keep path crossing to a minimum.

Comment

Hopefully they keep it in order and it doesn't get overrun like Hagg

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X