Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monroe is far enough from Seattle to disqualify my 100 bucks. Still stoked on the distance from my place. I will be happy to pay 2 play any day.
    www.rewindb.com

Comment

Wow a new Houck course only 15 minutes from my house! I can't wait! Side note: it's been a while since I've been on here, looks a little different, I was confused and thought something weird happened, haha
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Houck was in my hood and didn't even call or come by for some banana bread.

Looking fwd to having another course to play that's close by!
        Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

For those who are interested...I spoke with John Houck the other day and he told me that the course WOULD be open to everyone but would be a pay to play which I think is great! In my experience, pay to play courses are usually better taken care of and have other ameneties that not all public courses can afford. He seemed very excited about this course and designed greens that were unlike any he had done before. He also mentioned something about leaving sand traps to be used as OB's on some holes. We are very lucky to have one of if not the best course designers in the world working in our backyard and I for one am very excited to check it out when it is open.
          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Any word on when this will open? I am head out that way on sunday, I may have to drive by and check it out!

Comment

will ask John and try to let you know. My guess is not for a while still.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I saw on Facebook that they are hoping for a Fall 2013 opening date. http://www.houckdesign.com/current_d...f_courses.html

Comment

This course is going to easily be one of if not THE best courses in our state imo. I can hardly wait. I hope the season passes are reasonable. I also wonder if they will have carts?

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Just here to report that there are some rumblings worth noting starting to happen about this course on the Facebook... Search around the FB to keep your ears to the ground. (I would search around and not just wait on the Houck design page). One posting on a Dynamic Disc group, likely more to come. I am so hopeful that they keep their heads on straight with the venture. So many DG ventures seem to be strong on heart, love, but short on solid realistic business plans. My advice would be to place the golfers third on the list of priorities. #1 is keep your business model happy #2 is keep the neighbors happy Then #3 is keeping the golfers happy. (we'll deal with it) If either of the first two fall apart, so does the course! JR,Hypothetically thinking about season passes theory... What do you think the multiple should be.. If day use is (x), then pass would be best priced at... 7x, 10x,15x, 20x,....?

Comment

Without a lot of thought I think the multiple for a season pass should be 20 times the day pass.

Comment

Ready to buy my pass...
                        www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by WestsoundBT View Post
                          Just here to report that there are some rumblings worth noting starting to happen about this course on the Facebook... Search around the FB to keep your ears to the ground. (I would search around and not just wait on the Houck design page). One posting on a Dynamic Disc group, likely more to come. I am so hopeful that they keep their heads on straight with the venture. So many DG ventures seem to be strong on heart, love, but short on solid realistic business plans. My advice would be to place the golfers third on the list of priorities. #1 is keep your business model happy #2 is keep the neighbors happy Then #3 is keeping the golfers happy. (we'll deal with it) If either of the first two fall apart, so does the course! JR,Hypothetically thinking about season passes theory... What do you think the multiple should be.. If day use is (x), then pass would be best priced at... 7x, 10x,15x, 20x,....?
                          It would be helpful if you give us the exact facebook page or even the link if you could, thanks! BTW ready to buy my pass as well.
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post

It would be helpful if you give us the exact facebook page or even the link if you could, thanks! BTW ready to buy my pass as well.
                            website
                            http://www.houckdesign.com/current_d...f_courses.html

facebook

https://www.facebook.com/#!/HouckDesign

I heard they have already poured a few tee pads. Progress is being made. It's good to see a top notch, high end course get installed in Snohomish County (other than Lake Stevens of course).

Comment

Any more recent news on this? I see that the website shows a 2/16/2014 opening date... I assume that's not the case?

Comment

And now the web site say: "Update: The course is now scheduled for a Spring 2014 opening. (updated 2/6/14)"
                                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X