Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New John Houck designed course in Monroe, WA

From discgolfcoursereview.com, renowned course designer John Houck:

"Last week I was working on a new course (the first HouckDesign course in Washington state -- can't say where just yet). It's on an old ball golf course, and it offers several pin locations that I like even better than just a slope."

Who got the skinny?

I would bet 100 bucks its no where near Seattle.
    www.rewindb.com

Comment

I'm hoping that it is near puget sound.

No rumors to start from the West Sound. The club has not talked about or heard of any private parties planning to develope a new course in the area.

The club is activiely seeking property to build a new course in the South Kitsap area, but no positive leads to date.

Comment

well, it's not at my house

Comment

It's at the one course, with that one hole...I'm sure you know the place I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
            From discgolfcoursereview.com, renowned course designer John Houck:

"Last week I was working on a new course (the first HouckDesign course in Washington state -- can't say where just yet). It's on an old ball golf course, and it offers several pin locations that I like even better than just a slope."

Who got the skinny?
            Hmmmm.
            Old ball golf course ?
            Hilly.

Big budget recreation conversion (Houck aint cheap) part of settlement due to large municipal facility recently being built nearby.

Nawwww, no clue.

But Imma run up there in the morning and look around.

Comment

I know that there was recently a ball golf course in MLT that shut down and the public was deciding what to do with it. There was enough room for multiple 18 hole dg courses and had a nice pro shop/concession area. Right off I-5.
              "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
              -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Tall Firs Golf Course
                Monroe Washington

Nice!

Comment

Really? Monroe? That might be doable!
                  www.rewindb.com

Comment

An even if it's a bit far to play regularly, I'm sure the demographics of Monroe plus a good course will make for quite a few new disc golfers in that area.
                    Read this ^

Comment

I see that John Houck has made public that the course will be in Monroe, but that it is PRIVATE. I'm sure some of us will find a way to get on, but for most of us, this is depressing news. It is on a former ball golf course that people bought homes on some years ago, wanting a home on a golf course, and then the course was closed.

Maybe there will be some sort of agreement to open it up to the public (P2P?) but if not, we're shut out before it even got open.
                      Basket thieves

Comment

Private course with a clubhouse, in Monroe ?
                        What is there, 12 of us the live around the area ?
                        I'm not sure how the math works out if this is a business proposal, but if its cheap and nice I might make the drive out on the death highway.

Chants "Please no Innova baskets, please no Innova baskets."

Comment

I see on John Houck's facebook page, with pics of the property, our very own flingin' fireman and wife Pam, helping him take measurements of the new course! Way to go, Paul, we'll have to get all the inside info next time we see ya!
                          Basket thieves

Comment

Why is there any reason to think that "Private" means anything other than "It's not in a public park; you'll have to pay someone some money to play there"? If it was someone's personal backyard course, I doubt Houck would be publicizing it at ALL.

Oh, and it's gotta be this property that he's talking about: http://goo.gl/maps/2SE0p -- it's 18+ acres, and it looks like Paul Clark purchased it out of foreclosure in March.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              Why is there any reason to think that "Private" means anything other than "It's not in a public park; you'll have to pay someone some money to play there"? If it was someone's personal backyard course, I doubt Houck would be publicizing it at ALL.

Oh, and it's gotta be this property that he's talking about: http://goo.gl/maps/2SE0p
                              I agree with you. I just didn't want to assume anything until I heard something a little more solid, which I just did.

The course will be open to the public as pay to play.

Also, yes, I would say that is the property in the link you provided, from the photos I saw on his facebook page.
                              Basket thieves

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X