X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Course in Camas/Washougal

I am fairly new to this forum but I wanted people to know that tomorrow I am meeting with Camas parks and recreation director to discuss the possibility of a disc golf course near the Washougal River and Goot Park along a very open walking trail with lots of potential water hazards. I am hoping that he will be open to the possibility of a new course. Ill let you guys know the outcome. My guess is that they won't have the funding and getting the course built might require some serious fundraising. Keep your fingers crossed.

Bcorny
    Last edited by Bcorny; July 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

Good luck to you.

Be prepared for strong opposition from dog walkers et al. that won't want to share their space. They seem to come out of the woodwork.
    Basket thieves

Comment

Good luck
      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

So the meeting was fairly unproductive. The land that I thought would be perfect has too many land use restrictions and partnerships to make it viable. No other parks in Camas I believe are large enough with some room to throw a disc without hitting a car.The parks and rec director recommended I talk to the City of Washougal and maybe try for Cotton Wood Beach and the Dike.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can try approaching the county. Also, keep in mind, a good disc golf course doesn't necessarily need to be in a "park".
          Basket thieves

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X