X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WHEATLAND DGC" at Willamette Mission State Park Summer 2013

As stated by Mike Wilson (Project Coordinator) in the Post; http://nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10399 "unofficial official announcement".
    “I have been working to get a new disc golf course in at Willamette Mission State Park, north of Keizer, near the Wheatland Ferry. It will not be "official" until we cut the first branch on the first fairway at the first "clearing/work party".

But planning to have a par 56, (hopefully 58- fingers crossed), with wooded and more open holes.

I'll keep reporting as I have/get more solid information.

Mike Wilson”

“WHEATLAND DGC” has a tentative funding commitment by Willamette Mission State Parks Staff for the 2013 Budget for new disc golf baskets.
    Mike has been working hard on this project for the past year and our hope is that is comes to fruition this summer of 2013. Nothing is certain in these types of projects with government agencies until checks are written and ground is broke. But, we are confident that this project will move forward this summer.

WHEATLAND DGC LAYOUT DETAILS:

18 holes + practice basket (provided by State Parks)

Course length just under 5900ft

Par 54-58

Mix of L-R, treed and open holes

Most holes will have alt pins

18 - 5x10 Concrete tee pads (provided by donations and volunteers PLEASE HELP!)

If you would like to help on this project through fundraising or ground work please print and fill out this Volunteer App Form http://oregonstateparks.org/files/individualvolapp.pdf and mail it Pac-West DG PO Box 20428 Keizer Oregon 97307 or scan and email the Volunteer App Form to pac-wastdga@hotmail.com

Donations for concrete tee pads can be made via PayPal to pac-westdga@hotmail.com 100% percent of your donation goes toward the project. Credit card is also accepted upon request.

And make sure you come see the Pac-West DG booth at the Beaver State Fling

Wow, so many Oregon State Parks that have day-use fees also have disc golf courses. I wonder where else can we talk them into putting one... Cape Lookout? Fort Stevens? Nehalem Bay? Silver Falls?

(Actually, either Fort Stevens or Nehalem Bay would be a PERFECT place, especially Nehalem since there are currently no courses within an hour of there.)
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yes if you are interested in helping DO NOT be shy!!!
      A good DGC can always use good DG people!!

Comment

Great job guy's this is a great area to put a course I look at this area back in the late 90's. Oregon State parks rock's because we have so many parks to choose from to add new disc golf course. Please let me know when the first work party is and I would love to help.
        X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
          Great job guy's this is a great area to put a course I look at this area back in the late 90's. Oregon State parks rock's because we have so many parks to choose from to add new disc golf course. Please let me know when the first work party is and I would love to help.
          Oh I will definately let everyone know!!!
          Thanks for the offer of support!

Comment

Ecola State Park, Cannon Beach

Comment

Meeting on Monday!
              Hoping for the best!

Comment

We wish you the best!
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

hotbed

Awesome, another hotbed for courses. Played w
                  Jason and Jeff 2 wks ago at kiezer. Awesome course,thanks for the tour guys. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by puttmin View Post
                    Awesome, another hotbed for courses. Played w
                    Jason and Jeff 2 wks ago at kiezer. Awesome course,thanks for the tour guys. Good luck!
                    It was all our pleasure!

Comment

UPDATE: Meeting with Willamette Mission State Park Supervisor:

Meeting with Willamette Mission State Park Supervisor:

Items discussed

Layout and design. The Parks Supervisor asked us to reevaluate a small part of the course where Hole 1 and Hole 18 conflict with horse boarding and bike camping. We concur with his concerns, and we will review these basic changes with the three Oregon Pro Disc Golfers that we have assembled to help in the final draft of the Wheatland DGC design.

Wheatland DGC Logo. The Parks Supervisor accepted our initial draft of the Wheatland DGC logo for Tee Signs and Basket Signs (He actually got pretty excited about the project after seeing the logo, I think it sparked his vision for the potential of this course)

Funding (Most importantly). The Parks Supervisor committed to buy 17 baskets per his annual budget, and Pac-West DG volunteered to purchase the final 18th basket for $400 to complete the 18 hole course. Pac-West DG will also be providing Tee Pads and Tee Signs. (He wants to get parks supervisor reviews from other courses before he commits to allowing us to place Concrete Tee Pads.)

Clearing of fairways and points of interest to protect. He stated that we could begin clearing fairways as soon as May 1st. Points of interest to protect are Madrone Trees and no trees in a fairway 8” in dia within 50ft of a tee pad.

Cheers

Comment

This is a great day and step forward to another course to come our way. Great Job Pac-West and those involved in bringing this project to this point. Let's step up and make this the course it has potential to be. Used to play tree golf there during the 70's, awhile ago.

Comment

Yes like "Rooster" said the meeting was productive and we moved forward with several items!
                          I just finished going over and creating the re-vamped layout to address the areas in question. It will be emailed to the park for them to approve.

Hard to believe that in roughly 20 days we could be talking about work partys and begin clearing fairways!!!

But until that day there is still work to be done!!!
                          We will keep you posted.

Comment

Walked 15 of the proposed 18 today. Pushed thru some of the wooded areas too. Gotta say I'm really proud/happy with what we are planning to show all of you DG'ers!! I think, (& hope), you all will love it also!!

MORE LATER!!

Comment

Did some very simple "cutting of pathways" today!
                              Getting closer!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X