Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSUV 18-Hole Course

Any WSUV Students on this Forum?

There is a group of golfers that would really like to see a quality 18 hole course go in at WSUV. This property is perfect for a full, destination style 18 holes. But a WSUV enrolled student is needed to help us achieve this goal. It's gonna be a lot of work, and we feel this person should be willing to:

A) Stay enrolled in WSUV to the end of course approval and installation if possible. But keeping in mind courses can take time to finish.

B) Be willing to join a team of dedicated & experienced course developers and function as a team player.

C) Help us to reach out to other WSUV students and form a group of students who wants to make this happen.

We are willing to work with you each step of the way to make sure to present a professional, knowledgeable, and organized approach to the college, while avoiding the common pitfalls. We have some of the best people behind us, and have helped build some great courses in this area. All we need is YOU!

Reasons we believe this project will be successful:

1) Parking and structure is there and ready to go.

2) The property is excellent for a disc golf course, we could utilize the miles of walking trails and beautiful setting to make this course great.

3) The location is very convenient to a large population of disc golf players. 5 minutes from I-5 and I-205 exits. The next closest 18 hole courses in Washington being Lucky Mudd and North Bonneville, both approximately an hour away.

4) WSUV could support a Collegiate Disc Golf Team as potentially one of the first organized sporting teams at WSUV.

Josh Dearing
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Take a basket weaving class... and keep failing it until the course is done
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      Take a basket weaving class... and keep failing it until the course is done
      I second this being that I live less than 5 miles away

Comment

vanc first 18

Where is all the WSU students. Do we only need one student to make this happen? Let us know what we can do to help.
        Last edited by tcorley; March 14th, 2013, 06:48 AM. Reason: f

Comment

Great meeting today with the head of Student Recreation at WSUV.

If one current WSUV student can contact me, we can guide them through the easy and free step of creating a club. Out of the 3000+ student body currently attending we would need just 6-8 to form a official WSUV DG Club. From there it is very likely the wheels would turn to put a great course in.

IF you are that WSUV student we need to talk to you, PM me.
          PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353

Comment

Jdinteg, have you put up any posters/flyers on campus with your phone number or better yet set up a booth with a practice basket out front during one of the student activity days? That is usually a pretty good way to get interest from a few random students.

If there aren't currently any serious disc golfers that are students at WSUV then you might as well try to turn a couple students at WSUV into serious disc golfers.

Comment

What about WSUV alumni? my brother went there and I got him and my nephew casually playing a couple of years ago. Not a current student though.

Comment

Originally posted by KGroff25 View Post
                Jdinteg, have you put up any posters/flyers on campus with your phone number or better yet set up a booth with a practice basket out front during one of the student activity days? That is usually a pretty good way to get interest from a few random students.

If there aren't currently any serious disc golfers that are students at WSUV then you might as well try to turn a couple students at WSUV into serious disc golfers.
                That's a good idea. We wanted to put up a sign at the course if WSUV is OK with it to catch players who just play and go to the school without being on the forums. like your idea too, will look into which days we can try that.
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
                  What about WSUV alumni? my brother went there and I got him and my nephew casually playing a couple of years ago. Not a current student though.
                  My understanding is current students can form new clubs, not alumni.
                  PDGA# 49616
                  Stumptown# 353

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X