X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mildred Kanipe DGC - Oakland, Oregon

Two miles off of I-5 in the quaint city of Oakland, Oregon is this neat disc golf course just waiting to be played.
    This is a 6 hole course with 2 tee-pads per hole. We are still in the finishing stages, but as of now it's very playable and a lot of fun.
    Tee one is at the top of the hill next to the church parking lot. For now, after you play a hole look for orange ribbons which will lead to the next tee.
    Hole 5 will be installed in the next week, so for now there is a good old fashioned tree target.
    More info to follow!
    thanks to:
    Ryan Devine
    Leon Dillon
    Joshua Gausnell
    Will "Pedbo" Petterson
    J.P. Snuffy
    Atticus
    Tyler Phillips
    Scott Heath
    Justin Beck
    UDA'ers
    Misfitter's
    Rebel's
    Jan Weir and Steve Schafer @ Oakland City Parks
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Well done guys!!!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Which church is it next to? I can't find this park on a map.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          Which church is it next to? I can't find this park on a map.
          http://mildredkanipepark.org/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
            Nope. That's Mildred Kanipe Memorial Park, which is a county park five miles northeast of Oakland. The disc golf course is at an Oakland city park.

I'm guessing it's the one near Locust St. and Wells Rd., because that parcel of land is about five acres and owned by the city, and there's a church next door.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Bingo!

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              Nope. That's Mildred Kanipe Memorial Park, which is a county park five miles northeast of Oakland. The disc golf course is at an Oakland city park.

I'm guessing it's the one near Locust St. and Wells Rd., because that parcel of land is about five acres and owned by the city, and there's a church next door.
              Adam,
              Yep, that's the one bud!
              It has some really fun shots that are worth the two miles off the freeway.
              If you stop by, please visit the store, deli or tavern and let them know you're passing through and stopped to play the dgc.
              Thanks!
              Yose
              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
              - Anonymous

Comment

I just moved to Sutherlin yesterday so the first thing I did before unpacking was to find the closest DG course . I wasn't expecting much but this course is great! A good amount of elevation, some trees with minimal brush, nice, new baskets. There are definitely some fun holes.

My one issue was that I only found tee markers for holes 1,2 and 5,6. 3 and 4 eluded me. There is a fair amount of leaves on the ground so they were probably covered. (I got lucky to find the hole 6 marker under some leaves). I did notice a couple of the numbers had come loose and were a few feet away from the tee so maybe that happened.

Does anyone have a link to a course map? Or maybe someone could draw a very basic stick figure type map? or at least describe where tee 3 and 4 are for me please?

I ended up playing some safari golf. I was the only one out there because it was a little rainy. I am definitely going to be playing this many times in the near future. I was pleasantly surprised. It was much better than I expected.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X