Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 907miller
    started a topic McCormick Park DGC - St. Helens, OR

McCormick Park DGC - St. Helens, OR

For anyone wondering about the progress at McCormick Park, we just got our preliminary layout approved tonight, and anticipate work parties starting toward the end of this month. There is LOTS of clearing to be done. Over 6000' of fairway (check out the attached map), so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, we are still a ways out on fundraising, so any leads anyone can offer would be fantastic...

Be sure to like us on facebook for more updates, thanks!

Also, big thanks to Melissa Meddock for creating the map, let her know if she can make one for your course.

• jarednfischer
    replied
    Stumptown Disc Golf Sponsored BBQ/Work Party - Sunday, July 21st at 8AM!

Come out and help us clear some fairways and chow down on some tasty grub! Stumptown Disc Golf has been a huge supporter of McCormick Disc Golf Course and they have stepped up again sponsoring a work party BBQ! We are approximately 50% done and with a good show of support we can get this course established this fall. Bring gloves, loppers, machetes, weed eaters, etc. Tools will also be available if needed! Come help add a fantastic new course to our community! Thanks to everyone for all your support!

http://www.stumptowndiscgolf.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/StumptownDiscGolf/
    https://www.facebook.com/McCormickDGC

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    Oh, and here's an updated course map. Always evolving.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    Jared and I will be out working on the course this evening around 5pm. We'll be on hole 6 most of the evening. Contact us if you'd like to join or just show up. Follow our facebook page for updates. https://www.facebook.com/McCormickDGC

Leave a comment:

• jarednfischer
    replied
    Originally posted by matt View Post
    Very cool guys and gals.
    I wish I was closer I would come help
    next question.......
    Is there someplace to park 75 feet of tanker near by?
    So I can play when its ready.
    Given that it is in the vicinity of Armstrong and Boise, there is a lot of areas nearby that can handle larger rigs. There is a spot right near the bridge that could accommodate something big but I am not sure. Right at the light there is a huge place to park big trucks by Boise. It wouldn't be too far to walk from there.

Leave a comment:

• jarednfischer
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
    You got too sauced Friday night Sean-boy?

Pretty sure you got that one right.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen.Sines
    replied
    You got too sauced Friday night Sean-boy?

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    Yesterday's work party wasn't advertised. Logan, Jared, and I decided to just bring a small crew out this time around.

Thanks for coming out Stephen and Denny. Sorry I wasn't able to make it.

I'll be heading out for an evening session once or twice this week.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen.Sines
    replied
    Got another fairway roughly cut and ready for the hog, and started on. Another before Denny and I left for the day.
    There is some serious work needed to be done, but this place has amazing potential

Leave a comment:

• Mcw5378
    replied
    So there was a WP today, right?

So how did it go? Progress report? Pictures?

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
    have you established a second date? i'm itching to see this place
    May 12th. Announcements coming soon.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen.Sines
    replied
    have you established a second date? i'm itching to see this place

Leave a comment:

• matt
    replied
    Very cool guys and gals.
    I wish I was closer I would come help
    next question.......
    Is there someplace to park 75 feet of tanker near by?
    So I can play when its ready.

Leave a comment:

• emmarose
    replied
    Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
    Yes! There is a ton of work a weed whacker could help with! Super excited! Thanks for the support Emma!
    ... and by "support" you mean "taking my sister out to lunch and helping my mom with her yard work"... forgot it was their birthday weekend but should be able to bring a whacker to a future work party... i actually forgot that mine got stolen but the neighbor doesn't usually mind if i borrow hers...

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    FYI for all you future work party goers. I came out completely poison oak free. Jared orded 6 bottles of ivy block which seems to be working very well. Plus, we're starting to get a better feeling of where the poison oak is. So if you come out to any of the future work parties we can cover you in ivy block and put you on a hole without any signs of poison oak.

We're going to have a LOT of work parties. Stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X