X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
    McCormick Disc Golf Course Work Party – Saturday, April 20th at 8AM!

The first work party is scheduled! Mark your calendars! Bring gloves, loppers, machetes, weed eaters, and any equipment you think may be helpful! We will have some tools available, but the more the better. We have over half the course rough cut/line of sight ready to be cleared. We also highly suggest using ‘Ivy Block’ and will be supplying it on site as poison oak is difficult to identify this time of year. Come help add a fantastic new course to our community! Thanks to everyone for all your support!
    YES!!!

... soooo... i can bring my own weed whacker? seriously? i'm allowed to use power tools??? YES!!!

on the calendar!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

awesome article, by a disc golfer for once! good graphics too.

Comment

volunteer release form

if youre planning on coming out, filling one of these out ahead of time would be helpful, otherwise, well have some printed out too...

https://home.comcast.net/~jarednfisc...eAgreement.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by 907miller View Post
          awesome article, by a disc golfer for once! good graphics too.
          And here's a non-pay version:

http://www.thechronicleonline.com/sp...a4bcf887a.html

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
            YES!!!

... soooo... i can bring my own weed whacker? seriously? i'm allowed to use power tools??? YES!!!

on the calendar!
            Yes! There is a ton of work a weed whacker could help with! Super excited! Thanks for the support Emma!

Comment

Thanks to the crew of 8 this weekend tearing an awesome looking hole 4! cant wait to play this one, it looks really nice.

Comment

FYI for all you future work party goers. I came out completely poison oak free. Jared orded 6 bottles of ivy block which seems to be working very well. Plus, we're starting to get a better feeling of where the poison oak is. So if you come out to any of the future work parties we can cover you in ivy block and put you on a hole without any signs of poison oak.

We're going to have a LOT of work parties. Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
                  Yes! There is a ton of work a weed whacker could help with! Super excited! Thanks for the support Emma!
                  ... and by "support" you mean "taking my sister out to lunch and helping my mom with her yard work"... forgot it was their birthday weekend but should be able to bring a whacker to a future work party... i actually forgot that mine got stolen but the neighbor doesn't usually mind if i borrow hers...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Very cool guys and gals.
                    I wish I was closer I would come help
                    next question.......
                    Is there someplace to park 75 feet of tanker near by?
                    So I can play when its ready.

Comment

have you established a second date? i'm itching to see this place

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen.Sines View Post
                        have you established a second date? i'm itching to see this place
                        May 12th. Announcements coming soon.

Comment

So there was a WP today, right?

So how did it go? Progress report? Pictures?

Comment

Got another fairway roughly cut and ready for the hog, and started on. Another before Denny and I left for the day.
                            There is some serious work needed to be done, but this place has amazing potential

Comment

Yesterday's work party wasn't advertised. Logan, Jared, and I decided to just bring a small crew out this time around.

Thanks for coming out Stephen and Denny. Sorry I wasn't able to make it.

I'll be heading out for an evening session once or twice this week.

Comment

You got too sauced Friday night Sean-boy?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X