X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cascade Locks course "The Locks Approach"

Course is open, the port held a contest to name the course, winner was picked mon, the official name is "The Locks Approach"
    Address is- 4 Industial Park Way Cascade Locks Or 97014. (ignore "Cremblett way" sign as you pull in) should be fixed soon
    No parking on cul-de-sac road, parking is the first driveway opening on rt.
    For course map, go to- http://goo.gl/maps/43khq
    Tee signs are not in yet, so map will be helpfull. Tee #1 throws from sidewalk at corner of cul-de-sac road, #2,#3,#11 and #12 throw from road(cul-de-sac), all others are 5'x12' tees
    Mandos on #5 and #12, #5 is right of and #12 is left of.
    #5 has a mandatory fairway, must go rt of mando, yet stay left of fairway OB that runs to the pin on the rt side of fairway
    #8 seems hard to find for some, so after you play #7, continue walking and look for ribbons on left, follow up to top of hill(note: no tee pad for #8 yet, leaving till finished w/ access to bottom)
    On holes 1,2,11and12- road and over OB
    TRASH CANS ARE NOT IN YET EITHER(COMING THOUGH), SO PLEASE PACK IT OUT TILL WE GET THEM IN, Thanks!
    Other questions, or to get on work party list, email me at daniel@discvango.com. ENJOY!

Comment

Got out last wed and it was really nice. no wind or clouds. good challenging layout.

Comment

Originally posted by InfamousButcher View Post
        Got out last wed and it was really nice. no wind or clouds. good challenging layout.
        good fun out there!
        do yourself a favor and avoid the rough...its a doozy all around. every one of our team got bloodied up

the only thing i kept thinking is how many blackberries will be there come summertime! gotta be optimistic

the lake view at #8 is a nice place to rest!
        spotters are a good idea on the woodsy holes ... tree hits or errant shots mean some potential lost discs or flesh.

almost birdied 5,6,7,8 ! it is possible! got a solid bird on 15 and had some near misses on the ace runs of 17+18... nice change after some of those longer holes
        i imagine some bigger arms will finish under par easily!
        12 was pretty long with that well guarded basket on the hill!

i managed a +1 on my first round there... had some great shots... and learned my way around thanks for the map adam!
        teepads are solid, baskets are pristine --those baskets are friendly... those chains just absorb the discs!
        re: navigation- once you play once you will be fine. has a nice flow to it.

enjoy! and thanks!!!
        Last edited by spectralmonkey; March 30th, 2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X