Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad. More of right angle than a dog leg. Tee 6 is just past hole 5 pin by 25 feet or so and shoots dog right towards that small bay

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
      My bad. More of right angle than a dog leg. Tee 6 is just past hole 5 pin by 25 feet or so and shoots dog right towards that small bay
      Can you sketch it out?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Not really. I'm at work and just trying to help you where I can. If you put a right angle where your dog leg starts on hole #5 it would be correct for that hole. Then shift your hole #6 line so it shoots from very close to hole #5 pin to the small bay. Pin #6 is about 80' from the little bay. Hole #5 is a short but sharp angle in the flight path to the pin.

Comment

Another attempt:
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

That actually looks about correct.

Comment

Hmm... then maybe we did play all of them. #6 is vaguely coming back to me. I think all that wind messed with my brain.

Finally?....
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

You know that is plenty good enough for navigation purposes. Dan gave me a map yesterday. maybe he will post it later.

Comment

Good work guys! That does look good enough for navigation purposes for sure. Thanks Adam and cgdg for figuring that out. The course got its official name today: "The Locks Approach DGC". Local citizens were offered a chance to win 50 dollars to name the course. They said they assume it will be nick named "The Locks". Locking out pars on my card the other day.
                  "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

Comment

Does "Locks Approach" have some local meaning, or is there a play on words there that I'm not seeing?
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

too! But they are banking that it becomes "The Locks". Which is okay. My suggestion was Low Point Disc Golf, due to Cascade Locks being the lowest point of the Pacific Crest Trail. But what's done is done or so I think.. The Locks Approach is what it is.
                      "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

Comment

and... "The judges appreciated the name’s originality, the use of disc golf terminology, and the likelihood that the course would be nicknamed “THE LOCKS” - which would still be a strong reference to the Cascade Locks Community."

Comment

Whatever they're calling it, has the City (or Port) of Cascade Locks considered putting up a sign for the course that would be visible from I-84, near where they used to have the "Welcome Warm Springs" sign? Few disc golf courses have so much traffic going by on a daily basis, and I imagine they'd take any chance they could get to entice people to pull off the freeway into town.

(For the record, it should have been called "Course of the Gods.")
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I have no idea if they are considering it, but that is a great idea. I would imagine they will be putting up some kind of kiosk in the parking lot, but drawing folks through town with a big sign is great thinking!

Comment

So, I think I have my bearings now. Near the course, you can go under the freeway to the frontage road on the other side and head east and get on the FWY towards Hood River. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                                So, I think I have my bearings now. Near the course, you can go under the freeway to the frontage road on the other side and head east and get on the FWY towards Hood River. Is this correct?
                                Yup. Access to/from Hood River doesn't require driving through the town.
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X