Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we please have a course forum for Cascade Locks?

From Portland, take exit 44, go 1ml, take a left onto Forest ln, go 1.75ml, turn onto Cremblett ln, cross RR tracks and you are there. (Park in boulder lot not cul-de-sac)

From Hood River Take exit 47 toward Forest Ln/Herman Cr.
    Turn left toward Frontage Rd. Turn right onto Frontage Rd. Slight right onto NW Forest Ln. Take the 1st right onto Industrial Park Way. Park in the boulder lined area, not in the cul-de-sac.

The course is open(has baskets and tees), still needs tee signs last I heard or saw.
    "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by WavyLays View Post
      Can we please have a course forum for Cascade Locks?

From Portland, take exit 44, go 1ml, take a left onto Forest ln, go 1.75ml, turn onto Cremblett ln, cross RR tracks and you are there. (Park in boulder lot not cul-de-sac)

From Hood River Take exit 47 toward Forest Ln/Herman Cr.
      Turn left toward Frontage Rd. Turn right onto Frontage Rd. Slight right onto NW Forest Ln. Take the 1st right onto Industrial Park Way. Park in the boulder lined area, not in the cul-de-sac.

The course is open(has baskets and tees), still needs tee signs last I heard or saw.
      How is the course? Easy to navigate from hole to hole? I only have 1 day off this week and want to make the most of it. Would those who have played the course recommend it.
      Thanks, Jason

Comment

I would totally recommend it. There could be one or two spots where you may be confused about the tee. Some tees throw from the side walks or the cul-de-sac. They may have markers now... and with a little disc golf knowledge you should be able to play the course fairly easily. Some holes are blind, down hill and up hill holes come to mind. First hole starts on the side walk near parking lot. Have a good weekend.
        "Id rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

Comment

I went out there today (which was a ridiculously bad idea, given the temperature and the winds), and just now made this half-assed map of the course as we played it, from memory and a GPS track. Can someone who knows the course see if it looks anywhere near correct?

The biggest question I have is that the ones we played as #17 and #18 are spray-painted on the asphalt as "#11" and "#12." I can't come up with a flow that makes those the 11th and 12th holes... did something change after those tee areas were marked?
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Glad you could make it out. You have the flow a little wrong. You missed a hole between 5 and 6 or 6 and 7. Then after the big up hill (8 on your map) actually hole 9 you walk south towards the interstate instead of toward the tee you see right away. You actually walk by a bush guarded green(15) and then the next tee(10) will be on your left. Hole 11 runs from not far from green 10 to near the cul-de-sac. Hole 11 is hole 17 on your map, hole 12 is hole 18 on your map, hole 13,14,15 are holes 13,14,15 on your map. 16 is hole 10 on your map, hole 17 is hole 11 on your map, and hole 18 is hole 12 on your map.. signage will really help this place.

Comment

So where's the basket for #5? The only one we could find was in the trees below and to the left of the tee pad, making for a severe left hook. It didn't seem right, and it'd make more sense if that basket belonged to the NEXT hole, but we didn't find anything else down there between the cove and the train tracks.

By the way, why not swap 10-12 and 16-18, number-wise? That'd make the course end up closer to the parking area.

Revised map below.

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I want to play the course next weekend and would like to know the final/correct layout of the course. Could we get an accurate layout of the map. I do agree about swapping #s 10-12 with #s 16-18. Much better flow. Thanks for your time.
                Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                So where's the basket for #5? The only one we could find was in the trees below and to the left of the tee pad, making for a severe left hook. It didn't seem right, and it'd make more sense if that basket belonged to the NEXT hole, but we didn't find anything else down there between the cove and the train tracks.

By the way, why not swap 10-12 and 16-18, number-wise? That'd make the course end up closer to the parking area.

Revised map below.

Comment

So 5 is a very little down hill hole. 6's tee is not far away from basket. 7's tee is just back and to the left of 6 basket (by memory). I did not design the course, but my thought on it is a long walk out from 9 to 10(16) if switched or a long walk out at the end? Who knows whats better? Any who hope I could provide some assistance and thanks for the map work.

Comment

This course is fun as hell and is a great asset to the Columbia Gorge disc golf scene. DC Dan did great with spearheading this effort and should be very proud of what he and his crew have accomplished. It is obvious to anyone who plays the river holes just how much work has gone into brush clearing. Truly awesome job Dan!! As with any new course there will be bugs to iron out, but I am sure Dan has it well in hand. I encourage everyone to come out and test the new course in the Gorge. It is worth the drive.

Comment

What he said^

Comment

Well then it sounds like I did have #5 correct, but I still don't see where I missed a hole in that section of the course.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

From the look of your map it appears you shot from 5 Tee to 6 basket. There are two right breaking holes in a row after the first downhill shot. After those two holes you have hole 8, downhill without a Tee pad and then hole 9 uphill back to the top. I could be wrong on your map but thats what it looks like you have drawn. Hole 5 is very short with a good bit of elevation change.

Comment

Originally posted by columbia gorge discgolf View Post
                            From the look of your map it appears you shot from 5 Tee to 6 basket.... Hole 5 is very short with a good bit of elevation change.
                            Fair enough... we thought maybe we were shooting from 5T to 6B. But where exactly IS the #5 basket? We looked around down there and didn't see anything else.

Revised again:
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Pin #5 is just to the left of the Tee down in the trees. You have it pretty close, right about where your dotted lines start is a small dog left. Also pin #6 is closer to the little bay you have shown on your map.

Comment

I'm gonna have to go out there again next time I'm in the Gorge and solve this mystery once and for all...

Another guess (feel free to mark this up and send it back to me):
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X