Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Black Diamond...

Dear Yoduh (and all helping peeps),

Went to Faragut on Saturday. Played this monster of a course. We thought we were prepared. As we would soon learn, things were entirely different.

Started quite well, par on the 1st. Beautiful birdie on the second. Par on the 3rd. Then disaster on four. Speaking of which, RIP Nuke. Same fate on 5 and 6. Back to birds on 7. Par on 8 due to poor putts because of . 25 minutes digging my buddies errant thumber out of the guardian trees on 9. Par on 10, 11, 12, 13 . Then double bogeys on 14 15 and 16. 17 was nice for a birdie look but the had won. Which leads us to 18. So if its a 5 I shot a double. If its 4, I shot a 3. Which leads us to the prayer.

"I will stay in the middle, I will stay in the middle". This couldn't be a truer statement.

Seriously well done and when it's cleared of all the trimmings, it will be legendary. The best and most challenging, rewarding and frustrating course I've ever played. I will be going back every weekend till I shoot a damn par. Kudos
    Stu
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Originally posted by General Scales View Post

Went to Faragut on Saturday. Played this monster of a course. We thought we were prepared:

"I will stay in the middle, I will stay in the middle". This couldn't be a truer statement.

Seriously well done and when it's cleared of all the trimmings, it will be legendary. The best and most challenging, rewarding and frustrating course I've ever played. I will be going back every weekend till I shoot a damn par.
    Stu
    Sounds Like you need a Tac lesson!!!

Played on the way back from Troy. Sunday rating 6/10

Was interesting site. Plenty of +'s and -'s.

Biggest minus (to date) is poorly marked green to tee. Did what I could with what materials available to try and solve some of the misdirection issues.

Seemed like Elevated RT Hyzer was predominant tee shot. Pins were well guarded (Yoduh? Really, Yoduh?) and seemded to again favor hyzer play.

Overall design seems really pretty good.

Will there be crete or ala natural tees?

Will need lots of work to be ready in 8 weeks for the INWS # 8 " Gutt it Out" Open.
    rewindb.com

Comment

I hope to make it out to the 2010 Farragut open, and atleast play the new DBD course out there once before that. Happy 2 C the Gutt live on and strong as ever. The course, park and sport have come along way since the first FO in 2000!

Comment

Not sure you played the right course if you think its a righty course. There are routes for both players and it is very much like the tac except that there aren't really annoying holes where you are like why couldn't they take those 2 trees? I have on good authority that the tee's will be ready in time. If you have played in Spokane you would realize that there is only one hyzer in the whole entire city. The weakest shot in my bag is a hyzer. So yes there are quite a few but they are all at different angles that must use different discs. There are 3 on the front and 3 on the back. There is alot of shots to learn and it is the most exotic course by far in the INW. There will be alts and it is not getting easier
        Relax and enjoy your hair
        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

I was out at DBD this weekend and got to play most of the back 9. It looks like the entire front 9 has cement tee pads now but did not see every single hole, that was just my impression. And, even though it looked like the concrete was cured on them they were still roped off. Hole 10 was poured, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 18 were framed but not poured and I didnt see 17 but imagine it has not been poured either. It keeps getting better out there and there is also the expanded parking lot that will allow lots of golfers to all park in the same area.

Comment

FSP

I plan on finally playing the new course this weekend. Thanks 2 those who work/worked hard on DBD.
            Last edited by tomw; September 6th, 2010, 03:39 AM. Reason: slow down big fella!

Comment

Farragut St Park

Originally posted by tomw View Post
              I plan on finally playing the new course this weekend. Thanks 2 those who work/worked hard on DBD.
              Wow! An amazing course my friend. I havent played 2 too many course's but the new double black Diamond has hints of Daliwood, Lakewood, Seatac, Columbia park, Stilly,Troutdale,BMtn,HB,TBst,etc. And of course its all FARRAGUT.
              Dan was a good guide for me, Ben, Dusty, and Joel. All tee pad were poured as we were the first to play on the back 9 pads. Dan and I battled all round long and ended tied at +2. I was even on the par4's, with a bogey on #4 and birdie on #10. Missed 6-7 putts within 50', so there's room for improvement.
              This maybe my new favorite out at the Gutt!!
              We didnt stop between rounds, and Dan worked me on the Wreckreator course. I was putting for bird on #5(old 16) Hit low and rolled away thrice and saved dbl bogey with a 30' putt. That started a +8 in a 7 hole streatch DBD 62 Wreck 61
              Addition of directional & tee pad signs and Farragut St park will once again be the top spot for the best courses in the inland NW(A tier in the future?) NORTH IDAHO ROCKSA big T Y to the course designers and installers.TW

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post

Went to Faragut on Saturday. Played this monster of a course. We thought we were prepared. As we would soon learn, things were entirely different.

Started quite well, par on the 1st. Beautiful birdie on the second. Par on the 3rd. Then disaster on four. Speaking of which, RIP Nuke. Same fate on 5 and 6. Back to birds on 7. Par on 8 due to poor putts because of . 25 minutes digging my buddies errant thumber out of the guardian trees on 9. Par on 10, 11, 12, 13 . Then double bogeys on 14 15 and 16. 17 was nice for a birdie look but the had won. Which leads us to 18. So if its a 5 I shot a double. If its 4, I shot a 3. Which leads us to the prayer.

Seriously well done and when it's cleared of all the trimmings, it will be legendary. The best and most challenging, rewarding and frustrating course I've ever played. I will be going back every weekend till I shoot a damn par. Kudos
                Stu
                Can't wait! Tag along with me this Friday (9/10 - 9am sharp) and we will fall on the sword of the the "DBD!!!" GLORY AND HONOR-HOO RAH! Gimme a call (869-1422) - Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by friable7 View Post
                  Can't wait! Tag along with me this Friday (9/10 - 9am sharp) and we will fall on the sword of the the "DBD!!!" GLORY AND HONOR-HOO RAH! Gimme a call (869-1422) - Timmy
                  There will be a random draw dbls on friday 9-17 at 4 ,Signups 3-3.30, $5 per player. Timmy, u may want to play that as well, How'd your 1st rnd play on friday?
                  Last edited by tomw; October 16th, 2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I went out and played DBD today, my third time ever. All the pads are in, and they look and feel great! I liked that they seemed wider than the pads on NS and Wreck, and were more than long enough. Staff were putting in signage posts and it looks like quite a bit of brush has been removed. Maybe it's just getting more use, but it seems less unruly.
                    After playing it a few times, I have to say that this is far and away the best course in the Inland Northwest. No disrespect to Gordy or his three fantastic courses, but DBD takes the cake. The course was challenging and tight, but there were still multiple lines for almost all of the holes and the fairways were well defined. The density of the trees in the fairways seemed just right, and even a bad shot usually had lines to the basket. I love that someone around here is finally embracing the idea of par 4 holes, and the 4's on the course are some of the most memorable. I'm also loving the fact that this course actually has some hyzer holes. Like Yoduh said, there are pretty scarce out here. Even the short holes were well thought out, with risk/reward lines and enough trees to make it interesting. I am amazed at how much better it plays with concrete, and navigation was never an issue for me. Great job to everyone who put in the effort on this one.

Comment

Sean, I pretty much agree with you 100% on this. Its a quality course. There was only one hole that I thought was lucky when I played it, and that has supposedly been fixed.
                      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
                        Sean, I pretty much agree with you 100% on this. Its a quality course. There was only one hole that I thought was lucky when I played it, and that has supposedly been fixed.
                        Which hole? There were a few tight ones, and I think that 8? (the hole that shoots toward the parking lot) is just a little too well guarded. That said, there were lanes that helped me dig out of trouble

Comment

It was called mossy something or other I think. Basically, it looks like a bunch of little random routes. One or two trees gone and it would be a good hole. I haven't played it in months, so it could be fixed already.

Comment

Alternate Tee's

I finally played DBD this weekend and the girlfriend felt like tagging along.

I was a little unsure at first but the alternate tee's on many of the holes made her feel right at home.
                            She was tossing up scores comparable to ours and it kept the round a lot of fun for all of us.

Thank you for making a wonderful and difficult course yet making it accessible to all levels of play!
                            When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee.

Comment

Ooooh, alt tees.

Hadn't heard that those were in, that's awesome!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X