Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to sneak up to Farragut this past weekend and play some disc golf. I noticed a couple of interesting changes. First off I noticed that the new Double Black Diamond course has taken on a new name all of the scorecards in the visitors center now list NorthStar, Wreckreator, and A.W.O.L. as being the 3 courses with a new family friendly 9 hole course soon to be installed call the Little Black Bear I believe. I only played AWOL, formerly Double Black Diamond, so am not sure if there are any changes on NorthStar or Wreckreator worth mentioning but on AWOl hole 12 it used to be a dead straight perhaps slightly righty backhand anhyzer towards the road, they have now cut a super tiny gap in the trees on the left and moved the basket a good deal left. I still played the original line but used a disc that would finish with more turn to get it from the side, very interesting change. Also on hole 15 the super hard left turn, I believe it was named "Tale of 3 Hyzers," now has a new lane cut into the trees straight ahead thus making it much more lefty friendly, very interesting, and it sure changed the hole. Cool to see new pin positions going in. I wonder if this is all of Yodah's master plan coming to fruition?

Comment

I can't speak for him, but I don't think Yoduh had anything to do with the new placements (hope I'm not full of bs on this one). Personally, I miss the old 12. I've done well on the new hole, but most of those shots felt downright lucky. The new lane is very tight and any leftover forward momentum can lead to some ugly lies. However, it's still a great hole and I'm all for variety since I imagine that they will be rotating the pins. As far as new 15, I must say that the new placement is tougher, but I miss the pure hyzer shot of the original. Also, I can never see myself trying for the lane down the middle on that hole. It's pretty far down the fairway and I don't know many people who can throw a frozen rope that far and also have it finish straight. It pretty much has to be parked in order for the risk to be worth it in my mind. Just like 12 though, the new placement is still a fun hole on an excellent course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X