X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping at Farragut

As helpful the Idaho State parks website was... Could anyone tell me what the campsites are like here. I am thinking of having an annual family renunion here in the next couple of years. we would mainly be in the sites with power and the loops with the Double sites, and perhaps your over all impression of the park.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

Reviews: http://www.stateparks.com/farragut.html
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Thanks, Adam
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
        Thanks, Adam
        We have a Church Campout there every year (we use the group site that host 100 people) It's close to the swimming area, a 10 minute walk to the boat docks as well, and its like a 10 minute drive up the street to full bath's and showers. Works great for us. The group spot has room for about 4 large RV's or trailers and then a ton of place's for tents..

We stay 3 days typically and I run a couple of best throw style tournaments for people. Throughout Sat and Sunday. It's great. I have gotten about 20 people hooked on playing now.

Comment

Farragut's campgrounds are great, most have running water, showers, and flush toilets and are well maintained. There are still some pit toilets but it's all pretty well developed. I think it would work great for a family reunion. I have only stayed at the Whitetail CG which is a little less developed but still has full showers and toilets, it just doesn't have paved roads within which I prefer. I just drove through the Gilmore CG and it is all new pavement that looks to accomodate more RV/trailer use that tent campers. Most CGs are very close to Beaver Bay swim are, Sunrise Day Use area, and the main lake boat launch and all are easy drives to the disc golf courses. If the park isn't entertaining enough for some then Silverwood Theme Park is an easy 15 minute drive down the road too.

Comment

So if I wanna pitch a tent for me and the family the night before the NIDGS at the GUT on the 11th, what's the best place to do so without paying enough for a hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
              So if I wanna pitch a tent for me and the family the night before the NIDGS at the GUT on the 11th, what's the best place to do so without paying enough for a hotel?
              Get a cabin if you can. I think they are 45-50 bucks a night, they have nice cots, electricity, sleep five people and have air conditioning. As for pitching a tent out there, check with the park before you plan on doing so. They are usually booked up way in advance. I've stayed in every one of the campsites and they are all great. Can't go wrong with whatever one you get put into. See you at the Gut!
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

I think Whitetail is the nicest campground, for actual camping that is. I find the others to be too open and too inviting to those big nasty land-yachts that invite the lazy people. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                  I think Whitetail is the nicest campground, for actual camping that is. I find the others to be too open and too inviting to those big nasty land-yachts that invite the lazy people. Just my opinion though.
                  I couldn't agree more. I've been camping @ Whitetail for most of my life and I'd take it over the new paved sites any day.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X