X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreckreator vs. Northstar - Farragut

So went to Faragut and played wreckreator twice on Saturday. It seems to me that this course used to be so much harder then it is now. Threw a 5 over on it. Got really unlucky and threw two two overs on the first 4 holes then a one over on the last hole. The wind was just evil. Would've been a par score even if my putts would've stayed in chains and not rolled into the evil tree lines.

Northstar I ended up throwing a 1 under on. Still windy as hell but I was placing drives within the 30 foot mark all day. Would've been two down but hole 7 (thats the one that looks like a 7 and has the only mando on the course) decided to be sadistic with the chain love. Missed a 25 foot put for par.

Out of those two courses, I like the flow of Northstar more but the difficulty of Wreckreator. Anyone else?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    So went to Faragut and played wreckreator twice on Saturday. It seems to me that this course used to be so much harder then it is now. Threw a 5 over on it. Got really unlucky and threw two two overs on the first 4 holes then a one over on the last hole. The wind was just evil. Would've been a par score even if my putts would've stayed in chains and not rolled into the evil tree lines.

Northstar I ended up throwing a 1 under on. Still windy as hell but I was placing drives within the 30 foot mark all day. Would've been two down but hole 7 (thats the one that looks like a 7 and has the only mando on the course) decided to be sadistic with the chain love. Missed a 25 foot put for par.

Out of those two courses, I like the flow of Northstar more but the difficulty of Wreckreator. Anyone else?
    Ah, FAR-RA-GUT STATE PARK, WRECKreator vs. northSTAR
    The northSTAR course, being 6 years old is definitely growing into its own. No need for major trimming at this time.(but soon maybe?) The alley's off the tee's have narrowed enough to make this course more difficult than when it first went in. Even with the NATURALLY OCCURRING thinning that holes receive from normal play.
    The WRECKreator course,being about twice as old was in major need of trimming-thinning . Some of the shots were extremely difficult because of the forest growth. It received some thinning, trimming earlier this year before the Farragut Open tournament. My guess is that we brought the course back about 4-6 years in terms of growth/ difficulty. Since the last 2 winters were record setters in terms of snow recorded(there can't be 3 in a row) my hope is that the Wreck course will be good for three to 4+ seasons before it needs any further major trimming.
    The northstar got some thinning also this spring. However, the northStar course just has my #. Why I can't seem to throw well on it, im not sure. 1 down is my best tourney score, and casual isn't consistently any better. Wreckreator course on the other hand is awesome! They layout flows in a way that allows for unobstructed casual disc golf play within a multiple mile nature walk. The beauty of the seasons, playable 3 out of the 4,and the remoteness of the park brings these flat forested course's among the best in the North West, imho.Tee pads are legitimate. I haven't played good tourney golf on the Wreck in 5 years but i think that comes with the territory of td.Wreck Vs Star?? Ive played alot more golf on the Wreckreator than the Northstar, so i may be a bit biased but that course will always be my favorite . ( until, maybe ,the next cour.. goe. in...?????)
    TW

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X