X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole #2 is back in play

I picked up the basket for hole #2 from the PF Parks Dept. this morning and installed it at Corbin. Scott Hilgers volunteered to move baskets later in the day, and got about half of them repositioned. He said numerous others have plugged sleeves. Looks like a work party is in order. Tee #13 also needs some serious work.

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
    I picked up the basket for hole #2 from the PF Parks Dept. this morning and installed it at Corbin. Scott Hilgers volunteered to move baskets later in the day, and got about half of them repositioned. He said numerous others have plugged sleeves. Looks like a work party is in order. Tee #13 also needs some serious work.
    Which ones are plugged up again? As for 13, the only solution I see to this ever increasing dilemma is one of the following. To completely remove the entire pad, move it back and start over using appropriate bracing. Or come up with some sort of railroad tie bracing to place underneath it. I'm okay with either although building the new pad would be a pain but probably the best course of action.

Thanks for getting basket two back in play! Can't wait to ace it tomorrow during league.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Tee #13

I'm thinking a retainer around 3 sides made with the 6x6 pressure treated timbers like we used at Cherry Hill. Space it a foot or so away from the concrete pad, and then fill the retainer with gravel, packing it underneath the concrete. Possibly add a little Quikrete as a final packing under the slab.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Fire Jack View Post
        I'm thinking a retainer around 3 sides made with the 6x6 pressure treated timbers like we used at Cherry Hill. Space it a foot or so away from the concrete pad, and then fill the retainer with gravel, packing it underneath the concrete. Possibly add a little Quikrete as a final packing under the slab.
        Good thinking, when can we get a work party together?
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Corbin work party

I'd be open to it next weekend - either Saturday or Sunday - if we can get a generator (Bryan C. ?) and a couple more people to haul materials up to the site. Or possibly the last weekend of the month. Of course I will need to get the consent from the Club officers to spend a couple hundred dollars of NIDGC funds to do that, and permission from the PF Parks dept as well. I will prepare a design and materials list this week. Would be nice to clean out the rest of the plugged sleeves on the course and move some more baskets when we have a generator out there.

Comment

Looks like 13 can eaisly be cleared with a gas powered pressure washer. Love the new basket positions. Having only played it for 7 months it is a nice change. I played 5 in that position once before.. goes from sure thing birdie to a par or down the hill bogie. Thanks for the work and awesome park again! NIDGC, Jack, and the PF Parks Dept. Keep it up.
            Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Comment

I mean 14.. Durrrr...
              Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Comment

i still have my generator and shop vac.
                Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

Do we have a list of what positions have to be dug out?
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

If we are able to shore up the existing teepad without having to create a whole new one would it be possible to somehow resurface the pad?...mostly to cover up a certain image that the hole is known for. If we do have to replace the cement pad then a brick pad might be an easier option to replace it with and they look slick and have good grip too.

Bengal Ridge DGC in Pocatello, ID, and LL Stub Stewart SP outside Portland have really well done brick pads that work very well. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                      Do we have a list of what positions have to be dug out?
                      Yes. Scott Hilgers marked on a course map which holes he was not able to move: 3, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18. I think some of them just need the dirt cleared from around the padlock, but I haven't inspected them yet.

Re Scott W's question - I actually just picked up some concrete resurfacing product to use in my car wash bays. I could spare enough to do a light topcoat on tee #13 and make it look new. I went over this evening and measured elevation drops around the tee, so I can calculate the wood we will need to built retainers up to grade. Also left a voice mail today for Brian Bergstom at PF Parks to see if we can get permission to proceed with the teepad work.

Comment

The club should look at buying covers to protect the openings to their sleeves. I like the fixing the old teepad idea too.
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Got permission from Brian at PF Parks to do our project on tee #13. He also is investigating the reasons behind the new pile of rocks dumped on the fairway for #12. He wasn't aware of it. Brian also said the Parks Dept. has some spare timbers that we are welcome to use at the Park, so I will stop over at their shop tomorrow and see what they have.
                          I agree we need some sort of covers to protect the unused sleeves. We are looking into solutions for that problem.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X