Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIDGC series 2012

Originally posted by bstullis View Post
    Just wanna say,LOVE CORBIN!!!. got my first tourney plastic there last year (10th AM dev at the open) but live on south hill Spokane 5 min from work at SHMC. Hope to play the Corbin open again if scheduling permits. I have to say I was very impressed at the lack of politicking at the tourney and the fun had by all. I would love to get more serious but don't play/compete Sunday so most tourneys are out for me unless they start doing Friday/ Saturday tourneys ( but that is a whole other hijacking in the making).
    It is a very tempting prospect especially since my goal this season is to play cherry hill and Farragut (trying to convince the wife and kiddies that it would make for a great camping trip)

So for now, I will remain DG-clubless and hope for the best. I will have to hope I can get good enough without the support of the clubs, but may just end up asking for DG lessons for my b-day this year and more tourney playing money next year (or maybe PDGA membership for starters) .
    Ben, i hope this information may assist you and others who can not do 2 day tournaments. Our NIDGC is planning a series of 4 tournaments for this spring and into the summer months. All events will be single day tournaments, Saturday,with Sundays open for whatever? Preliminary date for the first 2 events are "Corbin park Nightmare Layout" April 21st. Second event is to be At Farragut on or about May? Nothing sheduled for the month of June
    These will be NON pdga sanctioned tournaments. Low entry fees. Little to no OVERHEAD td planning. Unsolicited sponcership. Fun events After our Club meeting on Feb 13th, we will get flyers out with all the info. The 3rd and 4th events will be Cherry Hill (new layout), followed by another Farragut stop in mid to late summer. Again, Ben, i hope this information may assist you and others who can not do 2 day tournaments. Thanks for your impressions about " the lack of politicking at the tourney"

This is correct. I am the one who is going to be running the Nightmare layout at Corbin Park. I can tell you that it will not be an easy day of disc golfing. It will be a test of both your skill and patience.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Have it in my calendar, need vacation schedule to know if taking work off is possible for dates in may and June. What is the "nightmare " portion? Changing basket locations or doing crazy mando's? Can't wait for warmer weather, practicing slipping on tee pads sets a bad precedent.

Played the Farragut open while waiting for family to join me in the INW and can't wait to go back. Is there a downloadable map for both locations I can get hold of?

Comment

Have it in my calendar, need vacation schedule to know if taking work off is possible for dates in may and June. What is the "nightmare " portion? Changing basket locations or doing crazy mando's? Can't wait for warmer weather, practicing slipping on tee pads sets a bad precedent.

Played the Farragut open while waiting for family to join me in the INW and can't wait to go back. Is there a downloadable map for both locations I can get hold of?
        It's playing Corbin park with mando's and out of bounds strewn across the landscape.
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          It's playing Corbin park with mando's and out of bounds strewn across the landscape.
          So the mandos are new, but I also hear that the chains for hole 2 are in the 15 long position. Was that for the november nightmare &/or the spring series, or just a test to see how it would work? It will be exciting to play the improved Corbin. I am also looking at playing cherry hill. I know the courses here in Spokane well enough that new scenery would be nice.

Is there a cost for all four tournaments? Or are they all pay as you play?

Comment

So the mandos are new, but I also hear that the chains for hole 2 are in the 15 long position. Was that for the november nightmare &/or the spring series, or just a test to see how it would work? It will be exciting to play the improved Corbin. I am also looking at playing cherry hill. I know the courses here in Spokane well enough that new scenery would be nice.

Is there a cost for all four tournaments? Or are they all pay as you play?
            The chains for 2 will go to long 15 only for that tournament. Other scary holes include 1 from the bathroom sidewalk. 3 in the long with ob being the field and down both the left and right sides of the fairway. 5 in the long with all roads playing ob with a double mando. You start to see why it's nightmarish!
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

So do we have dates, events, and TDs lined up for the planned events for the series already or will that be discussed further next Monday at the club meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                So do we have dates, events, and TDs lined up for the planned events for the series already or will that be discussed further next Monday at the club meeting?
                As far as I know the tentative date for The Nightmare is April 21st. Can't be done the weekend after as that's the DRO. Can't be done later in the season due to park users and the removal of basket 2 which is very necessary for the layout to function.

I haven't been in contact with anyone recently as my phone met it's demise in a very shady porta-pottie . As soon as I get my taxes, I get a new phone again
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Meeting last night was good. I like the idea's that were presented. Need players to help me work out the final kinks in the nightmare layout. Any takers?
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'd love to get a full view of the layout. Let me know when you plan to take the next group thru and I'll see if I can make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                      I'm planning on running the one at Cherry, probably in late May if that works out with what Tom W is planning for Farragut.
                      Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

I think Tom is doing the 1st Farragut event on May 12. He'd be looking to fill July or August but I thought Ben was also interested in running the event at Cherry Hill. Sounds like we've got to figure something out or add another event or something. I think Jack may take the last Farragut event in August or even September. Maybe you and I can colalborate on an event that is independent of the series - perhaps a charity event of some kind.

Comment

Corbin park, and nightmare setup. Can't think of anything more exciting. Is the course somewhat close to the setup for the tourney? If not is there at least a painted line for the first tee where I can get some practice? Wanna get familiar with the differences and play now that the weather is getting better.

Comment

Corbin park, and nightmare setup. Can't think of anything more exciting. Is the course somewhat close to the setup for the tourney? If not is there at least a painted line for the first tee where I can get some practice? Wanna get familiar with the differences and play now that the weather is getting better.
                            At this moment the course is in it's original layout. If you want to practice the first hole, go down to the sidewalk by the bathrooms. Tee off from the concrete at the very end by the big rocks by the bathrooms. The first tree to the right is where the pad will end. Due to the complexity of the layout, it won't be fully set up until the week of the tournament. The league round that week at Corbin should be in the Nightmare setup. Kill two birds with one stone, play league and have fun.
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Unfortunately this year, corbin open is out. My schedule changed and I can't make it but hope to play cherry and at least one other (still hoping to get the family to camp at Farragut this year) should be good times either way.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X