X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Red
    started a topic Alt Positions? (generator)

Alt Positions? (generator)

well about 2/3 weeks ago at league i offered my generator to the club for cleaning out the alt positions for a few of the baskets, now since then i have not heard a word about it, im not sure if anyone else remembers. i plan on bringing it tonight in case we are still doing it. i know we needed a long drill bit to crush up the rock and what not inside the placements, and a shop vac to suck it all out. Now i have the generator and a shop vac, if anyone on this site has the drill and can come tonight please pm me or post here so we can get some sort of plan together.

• tomw
    replied
    Its Your F<#*>n Nightmare

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
    Played there Saturday. Shot 7 down with birdies on 3 4 7 8 9 10 and 12! Bogey free is the way to be.
    Nice round Stu. #'s 8 and 12 are tough birdies. I have only 2ed #12 twice. I'd like to get together with you for a cashual round and see/play your safari layout. I havent had a meeting w NIDGC just yet. But no worries. Im open early Sat/Sun mornings. Let me K-no , looking forward to it. Argh!!

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    Played there Saturday. Shot 7 down with birdies on 3 4 7 8 9 10 and 12! Bogey free is the way to be.

Leave a comment:

• tomw
    replied
    Originally posted by tomw View Post
    Myself and Jack B will be @ Corbin Park @8;30 This Saturday morningArgh!!
    Our 2some round was dbled by the addition of big Jarred and Travis. Good to see you again back at Corbin park Travis. A happy new year to you and Stevie, TOMW

Leave a comment:

• tomw
    replied
    Play it LOUD

Myself and Jack B will be @ Corbin Park @8;30 This Saturday morningArgh!!

Leave a comment:

• Kris C
    replied
    Saturday, 7:30 works for me. Tom, PM me your # please. I got a new phone a while back and lost your #.

Leave a comment:

• tomw
    replied
    Since Friday is a big shopping morning, BLACK FRIDAY,Saturday morning is better for me, say 7:30 ?

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    Originally posted by Kris C View Post
    It would have to be early for me. Changes in my schedule, I work at 10:30 Sat and Sun. Stu, I still have your #, I'll call you to see if we can work something out.
    Kris, my phone is disconnected at the moment. I should be turning it on today (I hope). I'll get in touch with you today or tomorrow. Maybe we schedule it for Friday.

Leave a comment:

• Kris C
    replied
    It would have to be early for me. Changes in my schedule, I work at 10:30 Sat and Sun. Stu, I still have your #, I'll call you to see if we can work something out.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    I have nothing but time after Thursday. We should plan on sometime here this weekend, probably Saturday if it's possible. Let me know what you think Tom. PM me your phone number and I'll call you.

Leave a comment:

• tomw
    replied
    Stu and Kris, id like to get together w/you guys and play a round @Corbin. Do you have any morning open this Thanksgiving weekend, Sat or Sun??

Leave a comment:

• tomw
    replied
    Winter series

Stu, would it be possible to do a "nightmare" layout during the winter months? (Or maybe a "modified nightmare"). With Kris willing to run/help a winter series event i think that time is of the essence. November is half over and a Farragut stop may not be possible in the months that follow.Wonder if there might be somebodywho is able and willing we could have it within the next 2 weekends? I will volunteer to do a Cherry Hill Stop. I'm not at all familiar with the new proposed C-hill layout, but if somebody that is, is willing to coordinate some of the changes we can test them in a tournament setting.

Leave a comment:

• ScottW
    replied
    My modified layout didn't change anything to a safari course. It just used the existing layout as it is but gave you a lot to think about. That said, I did use a a long position for hole 2 (15's long pin position), but everything else is just mandos and OB, LOTS of OB.

Leave a comment:

• General Scales
    replied
    So I have done a lot of thinking on the nightmare layout that I want to see happen. Here is just an example of what I have been plotting.

Hole 2: Plays from current tee-pad 1. Double mando's off the split tree's (the tree's everyone tries to throw thru going to the long location for 1). Gravel trail and five feet off either side the only in bounds shot. 10 feet in front of hole 2's teepad, ob starts, encompassing the entire cove area. In bounds starts back on the rocks where 2's basket is now. Guardian tree on rock face to be a mando to the left. Basket is to be placed in long 15's placement. Throw and distance rule to apply.

I thought about leaving the cove as an in bounds area but then anybody with a decent arm and a little testicular fortitude could attempt the big drive from the tee and if they didn't make it on the rocks, they aren't punished that much. Now you are forced with either the safe straight shot to the trail to make the drive to the pin or you go all in and try to run it to the rocks. If you don't make, throw and distance forces you to re-tee. That could get ugly in a heartbeat. Could also allow for some amazing golf shots as those with the will and the nerve get up there on a drive and have an attempt at an eagle (was thinking this would have to be a par 4).

Leave a comment:

• Rapid Fire Jack
    replied
    Nightmare on Corbin Street

I too am intrigued by the possibilities that Stuart might come up with. Not that I need any more difficulty, but a new adventure is always fun. And I find it very encouraging to see some new people step up and volunteer to run some events.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X