X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alt Positions? (generator)

well about 2/3 weeks ago at league i offered my generator to the club for cleaning out the alt positions for a few of the baskets, now since then i have not heard a word about it, im not sure if anyone else remembers. i plan on bringing it tonight in case we are still doing it. i know we needed a long drill bit to crush up the rock and what not inside the placements, and a shop vac to suck it all out. Now i have the generator and a shop vac, if anyone on this site has the drill and can come tonight please pm me or post here so we can get some sort of plan together.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

well i had no response from this last post so i didnt bother hauling that heavy monster anywhere. I am still more than happy to help out whenever anyone has a work party for corbin and use my generator or shop vac if need be. im sure jack would be the one to talk to about it so if anyone would like to pass this info to him please do, otherwise ill speak to him next time i make my way to rapid fire :P
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

So I am wondering if we are ever going to use Brians (Big Red's) generator to fix the remaining sleeves at Corbin. Just saying that this probably should get done before the big winter freeze that is rapidly approaching. It'd be nice to be able to use all the sleeves again...
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Okay Stu and Bryan, I talked with Jack just a minute ago about your idea for getting the sleeves cleared at Corbin. We also discussed the very large task of re-working Cherry Hill now that the city has given us permission. We decided that we will make this small task of work first on the list to see what kind of turnout we can get and that may be indicative of what we can expect for work parties at Cherry - basically if nobody shows up for a small simple work party at Corbin then we will need to modify our expectations of what we can do at Cherry in the future. So to make a long story short here's the plan:

Work party at Corbin Park Disc Golf Course on Sunday, October 23, 2011 at 11am. That should give everyone time to sleep off their hangovers and still make it out to lend a hand. Our only goal is to get the sleeves cleared so all baskets can be moved and the only ones that I can think of that need work are Hole 3 long, Hole 8 short, Hole 13 short, and maybe Hole 14 left. Jack has a 10ft very heavy breaker rod that will fit into the sleeves to break rock into gravel size pieces that can then hopefully be sucked out with a Shop-Vac. So we are hoping that we can recruit anyone willing to help and hope this time frame works for you two especially and that Bryan can bring his generator so we can run Jack's Shop-Vac. Hope to see you and anyone else interested on Sunday at 11am at Corbin Park DGC. We may also do some kind of Doubles or Skins after as well.

Comment

spare sleeve caps

Wouldn't need to be done at the same time, but if we can get somone with access to welding equipment and the skills to do it, the Club could buy some steel for caps for the open sleeves. If we cap them, then we shouldn't have this same problem again with plugged sleeves.

Comment

Scott , you may want to post this under the "work parties" section also

Comment

as this is the more active thread ill respond here :P

i will be there for the work party on the 23rd, with my generator, and if still needed a shop vac, ill be happy to help get some different positions in.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
                as this is the more active thread ill respond here :P

i will be there for the work party on the 23rd, with my generator, and if still needed a shop vac, ill be happy to help get some different positions in.
                Me too!
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Very nice little work party we had. It turned out VERY successful albeit a bit of a struggle at times because some of those sleeves put up a good fight. We had 7 show up overall and we got the sleeves cleared for hole 4 (both long positions), hole 8 short, Hole 13 short, hole 14 left (nearest the river), and the dreaded long long position (the seldom played and seen one) for hole 18 (the 3rd position near the dugout). SO now all holes have all sleeves useable again and we even had one of the helper clear off the outside band of ALL the baskets of the peppering of aces from throughout the year. Take note everyone that aces will be cleaned off the bands at Corbin so you will be better off just writing your ace on your disc because we will take it off the basket, nobody cares about your ace on a 200 ft hole that you play 25 times a month anyway - plus it really is a form of vandalism, period! Thanks to everyone who came out to clear sleeves and clean baskets. We got everything done that we hoped to accomplish. The only thing that I didn't get to do was play a round after but am looking forward to my next round there, especially with 18 in the LONG position. Nice work NIDGC and volunteers.

Comment

Was a very good work party. Everyone put their best into it and the course thanks us. Played some doubles afterwards. Lost to Tom W and Jarred (thanks to Jarred acing hole 14 with a tomahawk) Birdied 12 and Parred the dreaded hole 18 (thanks to me crushing a HUGE drive) I can't wait to hear all the complaints about that hole LOL
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

No complaints at all about LONG 18. You had the only good drive on that hole Stu, and deserved the par. Jarred's Ace on 14 was definitely a nice shot, and put us two ahead of you which we needed since we gave one back on 18 for 9 down. It was a fun round, you missed out Scott, maybe next time??
                      Whats this about a random draw dbls this Sat??

Comment

North Idaho Series, 2012

The following paragraph have been copied and pasted from our North Idaho disc golf club website. With NWDGN as a wider used location for information relating to Disc golf , here it is.

This idea has come up in the last few years. Scott and Jack W. spoke to me briefly about it at last Sundays Corbin work party. I am requesting feedback not on a winter series, but on a NORTH IDAHO DISC GOLF SERIES ??

We have Corbin and C-hill parks, and of course the mighty Farragut st park course's( and the land at Heyburn st park)

We have a few past TD's who maybe willing to assist others who may be interested in trying their hands at tourney directing. Kris Cummings did a great job with the fundraiser he held at cherry, Nate R ran his FDGA league, Ben S ran c-hill league . With a few more people this might be something who's time has come.

Please spread the word and chime in if this sounds like something you'd be interested in?? TW

Tom Walker

pdga #24073

nidgc 2011 tag #

black 3 / red 4

8:15 pm
                        October 29, 2011

JackW

Post Falls, ID

posts 61

Print this Post 9
                        To expound on some of the preliminary ideas we tossed about:

•a monthy Club sponsored event visiting each of the local North Idaho courses during the spring/summer months
                        •one day, two round format; or it could be as simple as a single round
                        •non-sanctioned
                        •no sponsorships solicited
                        •no need for trophies, custom discs, player packs, etc. (although one batch of "North Idaho Series" discs could be a consideration)
                        •simplified divisions, if any
                        •payouts in cash, or could also make use of some Club schwag – or some combination of the two
                        •The Club has the essential setup for a tournament: we have a ScorePointe board, and Rapid Fire has tables and pop-up awnings available
                        •The Club would provide the underlying support: we have an insurance policy in place; the Club would provide scorecards, change funds, etc.
                        All in all it would be a very simple, low stress tournament for anyone to serve as the designated "Tournament Director", with the full support of the Club. Kind of a Weekly League event taken up a couple notches.

Just brainstorming at this point. I'm curious to hear what interest others may have in the idea

Last edited by tomw; November 5th, 2011, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I have talked to Scott about this, and I feel that I would like to try and run one here in the near future. I'd like to turn Corbin into a monster course. Mando's, out of bounds, throw and distance rule in effect. I believe by doing this, I could make Corbin a pro level 18 hole without having to move any baskets. Now the question remains, would people play Corbin if it was in this "Nightmare" set up.

Tom, send me a P.M. and we'll talk about the possibility of me running some events. I'd like to get into it, that way, the Farragut Open could continue.

Stu
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'd be willing to help/run a winter series. a bi-weekly or monthly event, rotate through the courses for each one. Stu, I like the idea of making Corbin a "nightmare" for an event. I'll talk with the rest of the Board, Stu and Tom W to see what we can come up with.
                            Kris.
                            Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

id love to play a tourny run by stuart, we talk about safari holes alot durring our casual rounds, and i know he has some good ideas about mandos and whatnot. ill be there when it happens, no doubt.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X