X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
    id love to play a tourny run by stuart, we talk about safari holes alot durring our casual rounds, and i know he has some good ideas about mandos and whatnot. ill be there when it happens, no doubt.
    Thanks Brian for your kind words. I believe that the real test of a 'nightmare' event at Corbin will be how many people change their minds about what Corbin is. As it stands now, you hear a lot of it's a pitch and putt and birdie heaven. That will change if I get the go ahead to change it up.

I'd like to make it a cross of two legendary courses. Winthrop GOld meets the Darkside course. Sounds interesting, no?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
      Thanks Brian for your kind words. I believe that the real test of a 'nightmare' event at Corbin will be how many people change their minds about what Corbin is. As it stands now, you hear a lot of it's a pitch and putt and birdie heaven. That will change if I get the go ahead to change it up.

I'd like to make it a cross of two legendary courses. Winthrop GOld meets the Darkside course. Sounds interesting, no?
      Stu weve started this topic to get interested people involved in an open discussion. Kris C and the other board members now have this info and will be taking the next steps.I will let you know if and when they contact me. Continue to define in your mind how your nightmare course layout will be, and prepare for the directing of the actual days events (TDing).
      It will be difficult to judge your success at Corbin with how many players attend an event there. Since it is a short course many players will not play for that simple fact. Actual feedback from the players who like and do, and will play Corbin for its technical aspects may reveal constructive feedback. You know how difficult it is to be consistant at Corbin. 10 down one round can turn to a struggle to par out the next round?
      Quality vs Quantity is something Corbins hole designers have had to struggle with since the course first went in.
      I look forward to seeing and playing this Nightmarish mixture of two legendary courses youve invisioned, and hope a N Idaho tournament series can take flight this year.

Comment

Nightmare on Corbin Street

I too am intrigued by the possibilities that Stuart might come up with. Not that I need any more difficulty, but a new adventure is always fun. And I find it very encouraging to see some new people step up and volunteer to run some events.

Comment

So I have done a lot of thinking on the nightmare layout that I want to see happen. Here is just an example of what I have been plotting.

Hole 2: Plays from current tee-pad 1. Double mando's off the split tree's (the tree's everyone tries to throw thru going to the long location for 1). Gravel trail and five feet off either side the only in bounds shot. 10 feet in front of hole 2's teepad, ob starts, encompassing the entire cove area. In bounds starts back on the rocks where 2's basket is now. Guardian tree on rock face to be a mando to the left. Basket is to be placed in long 15's placement. Throw and distance rule to apply.

I thought about leaving the cove as an in bounds area but then anybody with a decent arm and a little testicular fortitude could attempt the big drive from the tee and if they didn't make it on the rocks, they aren't punished that much. Now you are forced with either the safe straight shot to the trail to make the drive to the pin or you go all in and try to run it to the rocks. If you don't make, throw and distance forces you to re-tee. That could get ugly in a heartbeat. Could also allow for some amazing golf shots as those with the will and the nerve get up there on a drive and have an attempt at an eagle (was thinking this would have to be a par 4).
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

My modified layout didn't change anything to a safari course. It just used the existing layout as it is but gave you a lot to think about. That said, I did use a a long position for hole 2 (15's long pin position), but everything else is just mandos and OB, LOTS of OB.

Comment

Winter series

Stu, would it be possible to do a "nightmare" layout during the winter months? (Or maybe a "modified nightmare"). With Kris willing to run/help a winter series event i think that time is of the essence. November is half over and a Farragut stop may not be possible in the months that follow.Wonder if there might be somebodywho is able and willing we could have it within the next 2 weekends? I will volunteer to do a Cherry Hill Stop. I'm not at all familiar with the new proposed C-hill layout, but if somebody that is, is willing to coordinate some of the changes we can test them in a tournament setting.

Comment

Stu and Kris, id like to get together w/you guys and play a round @Corbin. Do you have any morning open this Thanksgiving weekend, Sat or Sun??

Comment

I have nothing but time after Thursday. We should plan on sometime here this weekend, probably Saturday if it's possible. Let me know what you think Tom. PM me your phone number and I'll call you.
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

It would have to be early for me. Changes in my schedule, I work at 10:30 Sat and Sun. Stu, I still have your #, I'll call you to see if we can work something out.
                    Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
                      It would have to be early for me. Changes in my schedule, I work at 10:30 Sat and Sun. Stu, I still have your #, I'll call you to see if we can work something out.
                      Kris, my phone is disconnected at the moment. I should be turning it on today (I hope). I'll get in touch with you today or tomorrow. Maybe we schedule it for Friday.
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Since Friday is a big shopping morning, BLACK FRIDAY,Saturday morning is better for me, say 7:30 ?

Comment

Saturday, 7:30 works for me. Tom, PM me your # please. I got a new phone a while back and lost your #.
                          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Play it LOUD

Myself and Jack B will be @ Corbin Park @8;30 This Saturday morningArgh!!

Comment

Originally posted by tomw View Post
                              Myself and Jack B will be @ Corbin Park @8;30 This Saturday morningArgh!!
                              Our 2some round was dbled by the addition of big Jarred and Travis. Good to see you again back at Corbin park Travis. A happy new year to you and Stevie, TOMW

Comment

Played there Saturday. Shot 7 down with birdies on 3 4 7 8 9 10 and 12! Bogey free is the way to be.
                                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X