X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Awareness

Signs! After another round at corbin we leave frustrated. This course needs signs making non discgolfers aware of the fairways. Do cars parked on the fairway of 3 and 17 not bother more people? Or the fact that people going to the park have no idea it is also a discgolf course? I know signs take time, effort, and money to be put in, but I think it is well past due for a little awareness. I will be first in line for any work party that adds some.
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Not sure if you've noticed but the general public is either unaware and therefore ignorant of disc golf, or, like most of the general public don't give a $#!+ about stuff that doesn't concern them - both of which are unfortunate. Don't think that this issue hasn't been thought of already, we (I am a board member of the NIDGC) have discussed this with the appropriate city officials. While we can't block off all of the areas of the course that we'd like to see people not park we have discussed putting either large rocks or logs in some areas to restrict or eliminate parking. Signs only help the people who read them and signs on a disc golf course will most likely only be read by disc golfers thus not aleviating the problem. Hopefully some of the parking issues on hole 3, 18, 12, and 14 will be remedied soon but you know how the wheels of government work.............................................. ..............slooooooooooooooooowlyyyyyyy! Thanks for the feedback. Another good place to post and read about NIDGC stuff is www.northidahodiscgolf.com

Comment

Even with the parking situation taken care of, we really still need to come up with a sign that at least warns people of flying plastic. That way if a car or worse case scenario, angry civilian gets drilled with a disc, we have a sign that clears us of all liabilities. Doesn't have to be a fancy one. Just something along the lines "Beyond this point, disc golf in play. Walk/Park at own risk" yada yada yada.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

How many signs are you gonna post. People are gonna walk where ever the hell they want regardless of where disc golfers want them to walk. For every good intention behind posting signs they are still only as good as those who read them. I don't disagree with your points but feel that they will be of minimal help. I'll still bring it up to other board members when I get time though.

Comment

I would say however many signs it took. The beauty of it being I work in a metal shop. Not very difficult for me to make signs and stands for them to go on with as much scrap as we go through. I'm not saying they'd improve a single damn thing since people are blissfully ignorant and continue to enjoy being as such. The only thing I worry about is a drive getting shanked, hitting somebody who is walking through and hearing this excuse as to why "Well, there are no signs around warning anyone". Tell me you can't envision this exact scenario.
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X