X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Corbin Park Open

I will be running the 2011 Corbin Park Open on Sat. May 7 2011 at Corbin Park DGC in Post Falls, ID. Registration is as follows:

Open Divisions $50
    Advanced Divisions $40
    Intermediate Divisions $30
    Junior/Rec Divisions $20

Subtract $10 if current PDGA member except JR/Rec. Register at Rapid Fire in Post Falls. Mail reg to Rapid Fire Plastics at 2450 E. Seltice Way, Post Falls, ID 83854 make checks payable to Jack Wardian. Sorry no online reg. Call me at 5O9 six88 5two38 if you have questions

$2 optional ace pot

Last chance registration will be 7-8:30am on day of. get there early to make sure you get signed up. I will not wait for late players so come prepared.

I'll try to get the flyer posted soon

I've got the event info up on PDGA now, here's the link:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/67963

The reason I did not do online registration thru PDGA is because I was hopeful that we could get it set up on the northidahodiscgolf.com website but the webmast couldn't come thru like he said he could, so that was my mistake and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Sign ups can be taken at Rapid Fire Plastics, you can mail them there, and I will also start bringing flyers with me to weekly league as well - we'll be at Cherry Hill on 4-13 and Corbin again on the 20th.

Comment

So for the tournament, did we get a dispensation from Post Falls to use the baskets in the longer positions? The reason I ask is it's a fun shot for 15 to the long from the off season tee pad. Also, who wants to throw a short ass hole four. With that being said, I think that we could make the course exceptional with a little bit of out of bounds string and some well placed mando's.

Can't wait Scott, you always put on a good tournament. This should be no different.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

For instance, I envision some very different play if we were to make all road shots o.b. Definite risk reward on some of those holes.
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Stu, for the sake of simplicity and my head not exploding I want to keep things as simple as possible. I personally as a player really like the idea of long 15, long long 18, and roads OB. As a TD I don't want to get a bunch of string or paint to mark OB. One of the main reasons I dont' want to do those odd things is because I want to see exacting how rounds at Corbin get rated as they are usually played. I probably will not use hole 4 in the shortest position - it's dumb, probably won't play 15 in the long position because we seldom do, and won't pursue the long long position on 18 because we never use it there. I want it's set up to play like a regular league round. That said I could have a change of heart. Perhaps future events there will have more added to make rounds lore difficult. Thanks.

Comment

There is an even longer position to 18? I thought its current position was the long.
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

There are 3 sleeves for hole 18. The long long position is in a small clearing up by the dugout. I've only played it once. Not sure why it can't be moved there in the off season more frequently.

Comment

Here's a link to pre-register for the CPO, this option is not a monetary transaction so you will either have to still mail in, stop by Rapid Fire, or pay day of, but will get your name on the list. This list will take priority over players registering the day of too so please register early. This does not have a selection for $2 ace pot so let me know if you want that.

http://www.northidahodiscgolf.com/?p=490

I don't see the link for the flyer anymore, sorry. We might have the website setup to take online payments soon too. Will post again if that happens.

Comment

Not sure why there seems to be confusion from the Spokane peeps in regard to the CPO. The links seem to work fine here and there in info posted her, on the northidahdiscgolf.com website and the GCF website, pretty straightforward to find out info. Jack did e-mail Kevin Sakus the flyer though for those who still need it, he should have it.

Comment

Here's the results of the 2011 Corbin Park Open:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/67963

We have 59 players come out on a crappy rainy morning and have some fun. Interesting to see the round rating which I think will change a bit when the results are made official. I learned there's no such thing as a simple low-key tournament, especially with the various players who seem to insist on making the TDs day tough, some know who they are and some are oblivious. Thanks to all who came out, who lent a hand, and who helped make things go smoothly - huge thanks to my Dad (Jack) and my wife (Carrie) for all of the behind the scenes work, they made me look like less of an idiot. I now see that Corbin is quite the ratings killer like I know Cherry Hill is and similar to the Timberbeast - one bad hole can screw your round rating on the short courses. Good learning experience though. I am hoping that an NIDGC member will express an interest in running a non-sanctioned event at Cherry Hill and use it as a fundraiser for the Farragut Open.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X