X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• course update (18 holes not 15)

I just played this course today, and although it says on dgcoursereview that it is 15 holes they recently updated the layout to 18 holes.

side note; sick course

It just changed to 18 within the last few weeks, much to soon to appear on discgolfreview I am sure. I believe I talked about all the changes in a previous thread. We still have some flow issues to work out with some of the new holes but those will be taken care of in time and new hole 6 will eventually throw from the top of the hill behind the tee and not off the current cement slab that has 2 tees on it - we'll do that once the city gives us the OK.

Comment

course update

There is a club work party today for installation of 5 new alternate pin locations (longer ones for the newer holes) and some teepad work.I'll bring my post hole shovel and some extra gloves. I 'll B there by 10 getting started. Jack W will bring the anchors and redimix @ 12 noon , we go untill ??More Disc Golf, SWEET!
      Last edited by tomw; November 14th, 2010, 04:03 AM.

Comment

The centurions showed up and installed 4 new pin locations and 1 and tee pad. I hope to play it soon. Thanks Jacks!
        Old and strong beat weak n young this time out

Comment

Originally posted by tomw View Post
          The centurions showed up and installed 4 new pin locations and 1 and tee pad. I hope to play it soon. Thanks Jacks!
          Old and strong beat weak n young this time out
          What holes got alts and what hole got a new teepad?
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm going from memory here so still reserve the right to be wrong but here's what I remember reading of the work party. Holes 5, 6, and 11 got new pin locations and I am forgetting the 4th hole that also got an alt. I also believe that it was hole 15 that had the rubber teepad pulled back to the dirt location for a temp tee in the off season (now) with plans of having a cement pad poured for the summer location. Tom could probably provide more details though.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
              I'm going from memory here so still reserve the right to be wrong but here's what I remember reading of the work party. Holes 5, 6, and 11 got new pin locations and I am forgetting the 4th hole that also got an alt. I also believe that it was hole 15 that had the rubber teepad pulled back to the dirt location for a temp tee in the off season (now) with plans of having a cement pad poured for the summer location. Tom could probably provide more details though.
              #15 got the old tee pad leveled and graveled, Jack was finishing that and dont know if the rubber is installed yet . He plans to move the basket back up against the rocks, and could use some volenteer help doing that. This holes new pin location is 25'short, to the right, in the trees. We're working on a deep location but have ran into nithing but rock, but havent given in yet. The short location will serve well durring highwater times.

New #5 pin is 60' deep ,slightly elevated ,about 15' from the hillside/riverbank. One of my 3 shots i took at it landed on the beach 40'deep, and left a tough upshot, the other two left me no putt.

New #6 gained 130-150'. We dug the new basket 100' or so left, across the dirt road of the existing fairway. This should be a tough shot now. It offer a variety of paths to the pin and is now a driver shot.

New #11 is 30 deeper if that, and 10' higher up the slope/hill and is guarded by some tall pines. This was by far the easiest hole to dig. the others were 1/2 rock and not much fun to dig. TW

Comment

New #6 gained 130-150'. We dug the new basket 100' or so left, across the dirt road of the existing fairway. This should be a tough shot now. It offer a variety of paths to the pin and is now a driver shot.

New #11 is 30 deeper if that, and 10' higher up the slope/hill and is guarded by some tall pines. This was by far the easiest hole to dig. the others were 1/2 rock and not much fun to dig. TW[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if these 2 holes(6&11) have been moved to their new locations?

Comment

New hole locations

Does anyone know if these 2 holes(6&11) have been moved to their new locations
                  I heard that the baskets were moved to the new placements and couldn't wait to throw it. I posted a few flyers for the second and third winter events at the kiosk at Corb and played an abbreviated 9 hole round. I played even swapping bogey for birdie and the rest pars. Amazing how tee pads , snow covered, affect your throws. Reminder that this coming Saturday,12-18 is NI Wreckreators winter event #2 at cherry hill.(see cherry hill thread)
                  #3 will be at Corbin on Sat, Jan 8th, 2011. Same time frame. TW

Comment

I know. Stand and deliver can be a.pain in the ass. Was there on Friday. Played 17. Wasn't trying to climb up to 13. Shot even. Birdied the new posistion for 5 and bogeyed 6. My Striker fell out of my bag on 4 and somebody stole it. Found some miscellaneous plastic that's got no contact info on it. Was fun
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

winter event #3

NIRDGC Winter Series Disc Golf Event #3
                      @ Corbin Park ,Post Falls Idaho
                      Jan 8th, Saturday 9am signup, flight out 9:45, start 10
                      1 round of disc golf , 18 holes??

$25 for PRO divisions $20 for Amateur divisions

$5 from each player to go to the post falls senior center nutrition program
                      All remaining entries go towards payouts
                      Ams play for swag payout/ Pros play for cash
                      A big TY to Jack W for working out the details w/the city for this one

Comment

I got to play Corbin for the first time on Sunday since the most recent work was done there. First I want to thank everyone who helped make the changes - I did enjoy. I was a little surprised how bad the teepads still are as many were still so icy that it made it extremely difficult to throw, thought they'd be a little nicer but they'll clear out in time. The water is creeping up one hole 1's basket making for much less room for error and hole 2 there is no room for error, the water is way up. You either have to clear the rocks or your are wet, I got wet and lost an almost brand new disc The new longer position for hole 5 sure makes for a rediculous 2 and a tough 3, plus now don't go over the edge or you'll quickly wash away downstream. Hole 6's new position is interesting and will make for an interesting tunnel shot for those who have good accuracy and control. The alternate on 11 isn't too much tougher and I think actually makes a 2 easier but is still nice to have. The water is up very high on hole 13 coming down the hill so don't go left or you're wet again and the water was up to the base of the basket on 14 on Sun. I was pleased to see that the new pin location is in for 14 but surprised to not see the basket in that spot. If it is not moved up soon the basket will be lost until the water goes back down but is still movable if someone has a key. The off season teepad is in use on 15 with there actually being rubber there now too, sure makes it nice. While the course is still not playing that well because of the weather the improvements sure are nice. Check it out when you get a chance.

Comment

I have to say that the new pin placement on 5 and 6 are awesome. A lot of opportunities to pull a four. I know how you feel Scott about no room for error on 2. I lost a buddies disc on Thursday when we went out (I didn't have my bag so I had to play with all his discs).

Question about 6 though. Is the dogleg left a mandatory now? I only ask because I see the orange ribbon on the tree to the left of the pad. I don't mind throwing the dogleg because I have that spike hyzer shot in my bag. It does make it a little unbalanced though for those who throw sidearm or left hand backhand.

Oh, one more thing, I would really like to see the off season pad for 15 be used to for the long position during a tournament. Threw a couple of hyzer bombs to see if getting to that position behind the rocks was possible. It is but its not an easy shot. Kudos to all those who busted their butts in the cold weather to make an already awesome course even better.
                          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Stu, I had the same question about the orange ribbon on hole 6. Jack said that as far as he knows it is not a mando. I could see how it would be important if that basket was going to be played year-round but it will ONLY be there in the off-season months of Labor Day thru Memorial Day so there really aren't any user issues with taking the route to the left of the tree with the tunnel shot.

The longer pad on 15 could probably be used for an off-season event to the long basket position but I know the city wouldn't go for it on a regular basis. I guess we just need to have an event there Maybe we can make it happen for a few early season league rounds. I will inquire about it.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X