X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Park Ice Bowl

The Corbin Park Ice Bowl is still in its planning stages. Due to liability issues the city is pretty much requiring me to run this as a PDGA sanctioned event I am curious to hear what local players opinions are on this matter. I'll post more info when I get approved the the Ice Bowl people to run the event. Lets hear your thoughts on a sanctioned Ice Bowl event in Feb. at Corbin Park DGC - good, bad or indifferent.

Run it!
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

That might be too much cash for me, not sure. I'd want to renew my PDGA membership, which I'm currently putting off.
      We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

I think thats a great frickin idea!!! Two rounds, both layouts plus three buckets to make it a 36? Ctp, ace pot and long d as sides? It's definitely something that I'd be very interested in doing.

Speaking of which, maybe instead of making it sanctioned make everyone sign a waiver to the effect that conditions may or may not be safe for disc golf and that any injuries resulted because of said event are not the responsibilities of Post Falls Parks and Rec. That way you can keep the cost low and still have a way for Post Falls to feel that they are being covered on the liabilities.

Set a date and I'll sign up. Sad that Corbin will no longer be the way it is right now. At least from everything I've heard it's pretty much final.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

As for Corbin's layout nothing is final until it is final - it's all heresay right now. The Club is meeting tonight at the PF Lib. at 6:30 (feel free to join and lend your opinion) to work on an official position and we should get word at the next P&R meeting at the end of the month as to exactly what will happen.

As for having a sanctioned Ice Bowl, the PDGA said that since it is a charity event they will waive their $10 non-member fee, so no worries there Lyle. Their only other stipulations were that either the $2 per player fee would be waived or would have to be matched to the charity donations ( I don't remember what they said), and that AT LEAST 25% of entry fees have to go to the charity. I'll run some numbers and see what I can come up with for reasonable entry fees, I want to keep them managable too! I am looking to add 3 temp holes - one will be a tricky shot that water could come into play on and the other two I am not set on yet. I may do a weird "Fundraiser Island" OB area on hole 5 as well, not set on that either. We'll see if there is snow or not

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
            As for Corbin's layout nothing is final until it is final - it's all heresay right now. The Club is meeting tonight at the PF Lib. at 6:30 (feel free to join and lend your opinion) to work on an official position and we should get word at the next P&R meeting at the end of the month as to exactly what will happen.

As for having a sanctioned Ice Bowl, the PDGA said that since it is a charity event they will waive their $10 non-member fee, so no worries there Lyle. Their only other stipulations were that either the $2 per player fee would be waived or would have to be matched to the charity donations ( I don't remember what they said), and that AT LEAST 25% of entry fees have to go to the charity. I'll run some numbers and see what I can come up with for reasonable entry fees, I want to keep them managable too! I am looking to add 3 temp holes - one will be a tricky shot that water could come into play on and the other two I am not set on yet. I may do a weird "Fundraiser Island" OB area on hole 5 as well, not set on that either. We'll see if there is snow or not
            You set a date and I'll be there. Hopefully I'll play good too, since I do play Corbin about three times a frickin week and average 4 down on both layouts. Also, if you need any help in any way shape or form Private Message me and I'll see what I can lend a hand to. Anything from grounds upkeep to helping get shirts or towels silk screened and all that could fall between. Got contacts all over the place.
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on something. I hate tourney shirts though so that won't happen. I gotta get on the ball with the sanctioning process then.

Comment

Well, if that's the case then I wouldn't care if it were PDGA or not
                We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

So any good word on the impending Ice Bowl tourney? I'm trying to wait it out and see
                  Cleveland Brown

Comment

I am waiting to hear from my insurance agent to see if I can get insurance for the event and not have to deal with the PDGA for this one. If I don't hear from him by Fri. afternoon I will go ahead with the sanctioning process this weekend and will place an order for discs ASAP as well. I am working on getting a flyer ready to distribute so bear with me.

Comment

Dunno the details, but Andrew R. (cefire) ran his Pretzelbowl ice bowl event last year as a PDGA sanctioned event, but was able to let non-members play without charging the fee.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I am pretty sure that I covered that in one of my previous posts, but yes, since this will be a charity event the $10 non-member fee is waived. Also, since there will be mulligan's available for purchase there will be no player rating generated from this event, however, I believe you can still acrue points for Worlds - at least that is how I understand it. I have the flyer pretty much done, I just need to make a few small changes then I will start distributing it. If I can get someone to help me post it here in a PDF format I will do so but am pretty computer retarded.

Comment

The flyer is done and is being distributed. I am pretty sure Wobbly Bob has it and perhaps a few others. I am too dumb to attach the PDF to the website so perhaps someone else could do it. I would be surprised if we had this many turn out but I will be capping the event at 72 players since we will be doing 2 rounds of 18. I will be doing players pack discs for Ams afterall (thank to a nice sponsorship from Rapid Fire Plastics) despite saying otherwise earlier. Things are coming together here - I did get approval from the Idaho State Coordinator too so we are all good there. $2 unlimited mulligans, be sure to get some. I heard the Helena Ice Bowl raised almost $700 in Mulli's alone that's impressive. I hope we have players who are willing to hand over some cash to help the cause.

Comment

Does Jack @ Rapid Fire have any of the flyers? That would make it much easier (at least for myself) to go and grab a few for players that won't ever make it into Spokane.

Thanks,
                            Stu
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

I am pretty sure that he has some. I also e-mailed the pdf of the flyer to Wobbly Bob and asked him if he could post it here for me.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X