X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Park Records

So I love Corbin Park's disc golf course. Layed out perfectly. It's going to change from a 15 to an 18 hole soon. All the holes have alternate positions. Varying terrain and a mix of open and wooded shots make it a must play.

So best records anyone?

On the 'A' course I've thrown a 5 under par (par is 45 for both layouts.)
    On the 'B' I've thrown a 7 under

Mostly I average par to two under on the A and 1 to 3 under on the B. I've hear d the course record on both layouts is a 10 under. Can anyone confirm?
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

I will be attending another P&R meeting in Post Falls council chambers tonight with some other NIRDGC members concerning Corbin park, and how proposed changes may affect the disc golf course there. I've heard that Jeremy Thornton, last year shot a -14 0r -15 (i can't remember) witnessed by a few local North Idaho players.
    My personal best there is -8 on 3 separate occasions( 1 including an ACE) You should thank Kevin Locke for he is the man responsible for it's ""perfect"" layout TW

Comment

Kevin is always out there doing maintenance and I believe I've thanked him at least a dozen seperate times. I heard he reversed designed the course. Found a good basket location then threw a few discs to see the average landing spot and put the pads in the general location.

14 or 15 under? Good god thats scary. Thats a birdie on every hole or aces and pars.

Are the changes concerning the city of Post Falls trying to make the other side of the road camping? Always thought that was a dumb ass idea.
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Corbin park Post Falls Idaho

Appearently camping was once allowed at Corbin park sometime before the 1990"s and the CITY wants it back.They want it located on "the other side of the road all the way to the ball field" I also do not think it is a good idea for that park, but they are seeing $$ Check back in a couple years to see what remedy is proposed to alleviate the problems that this new camping policy will create. The course may need a few modifications, most likely NO sooner than next summer or fall at the Earliest. NIRDGC is working with the city, were now in the loop. I'll keep you updated regarding any NEW news
        TW p.s.9 days until the 10th Farragut Open,

Comment

All that camping will do is cause massive problems for everybody that isn't camping. The roads will be blocked and people will litter like they do at every other campsite. Post Falls needs to pull it's head out of its ass and just clear out the area opposite of 5's teepad. At least that way they will stay out of the way of regular park goers and more importantly, disc golfers. I believe the amount of use of the disc golf course doubles, at least what the park is used for by everybody else.

Hopefully they don't screw up the course

I will be at the Faragut open but won't be throwing in it, unless I can manage to swing some cash before then. Ill keep my fingers crossed.
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Post Falls Corbin park

The city of PF actually placed disc golf usage at #3, Behind (1) Day use, and (2) Camping, which IS NOT even allowed right now.
            I have learned that our p&r director, Dave Fair, used to work for the city of Mount Lake Terrance. Terrorist Creek DG course there (Herm) may have affected him as he seems to have a bit of a high shoulder concerning dgers.
            Any NWDGN forum readers have any background dealing directly with Dave Fair? Don't get me wrong, i have spoken w/ him personally on a few occasions as an official DG representative he just seems to assume ???.TW
            Last edited by tomw; October 23rd, 2010, 03:03 AM.

Comment

This past Wednesday evening before League play started I gave a report describing the information that I have learned from attending the last two Post Falls Parks and Recreation Commission Meetings .
              There is a proposal to change the boundaries of Corbin parks Disc Golf course by the introduction of over 25 Campsites, with utilities. We were presented with a Map showing the reconfiguration of the Roads, refocusing of the Day Use areas, re-orienting the Ball field, relocation of the Horse shoe and Volleyball courts,and adding walk-in Campsites, etc.
              The map shows the elimination of holes # 1,2,3, And the removal of Tee Pad or Baskets on holes # 4,5,14,and 15.
              One of the park Commissioners is an infrequent disc golf player and has pushed to keep Disc Golf as well as possible at Corbin park. The other Commissioners and the Parks N Rec Director are not fully behind retaining Corbin parks disc golf charter.
              After the Commission approves the final design the matter will be sent to the City Council for their approval/denial.
              Myself and Jack Wardian have each sent a letter to the Parks Director and Commissioners.
              We encourage all who like Disc Golf or are concerned about Camping at Corbin park to contact the Post Falls Parks and Recreation Department and relate your feeling concerning this matter. We will post this information and the Map at Rapid Fire Plastics as well as on Corbin parks sign board.

Thank You,

Sincerely, Tom Walker

City of Post Falls
              408 W.Spokane St
              Post Falls ID 83854
              208-773-3511

Dave C. Fair, CPRP
              Director, Parks & Rec. Dept

Comment

Post Falls next Parks and Recreation Commission meeting is one week away, 9-22-2009 from 6-7pm.
                The city does not release the Agenda until two days before the meeting, probably this Friday. I ASSume we are on the schedule and i will do my best to make it there again. I sincerely hope that somepoeple did voice their opinions, TW

Comment

went on sat. played my best round ever. -2. this is my personal record. birdied the first 2 and par the rest. missed 4 other birdie putts that i should have made oh well next time.
                  Work is for people that dont golf!!!!!

Comment

My dad is working on submitting another proposal to the city that would be a decent compromise. The city has proposed making some holes seasonal so my dad took that into consideration. He proposed a 14 hole layout that would be used during the busiest park times (Memorial Day to Labor Day) and an 18 hole layout that would incorporate a couple new holes in the proposed camping area that would be used during the slower times. It sounds like a good idea. It will be interesting to see where the city is willing to work with us.

For those who don't already know, the city's proposal is call for the removal of holes 1,2,3,4,5, and 15 and modifying a few other so there is less user conflict. We, the NIRDGC, as a club have come up with ideas that would alleviate these problems and still allow for a good disc golf experience. If any of you so desire a well written letter to Dave Fair - PF Park and Rec Director - would go a long way in helping disc golf at Corbin Park. I have submitted mine already and know that the council has received about 6 letter thus far. Now is a good chance to let your voice be heard if you enjoy Corbin park Disc Golf Course.

Comment

Nine down is my new best score at (new) Corbin. Thats w/out #2 on the 17 hole layout.
                      BOOOOO Dan Gibbs

Comment

You'd better use that up before Farragut. I don't want you shooting no NINE down there...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpi View Post
                          You'd better use that up before Farragut. I don't want you shooting no NINE down there...hehe
                          If i shot 1/2 that well of a round out at the Gutt I'd B vrey hapY
                          Corbin is like Farraguts little nephew on your cousins side. It should help my short game C U there Mr Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by tomw View Post
                            BOOOOO Dan Gibbs
                            Quoted for truth.
                            We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment