X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Positions

I have been playing Corbin a lot seeing as Sekani has been so busy with it being new and all of the mountain biking going on. I am glad to see the new pin changes already this year. I ran into some old friends up top at 3 as they were on 16 they didn't inform me of the changes and I guess I didn't notice on the way in... Anyways threw 3 as I always do landed where I normally do only to my surprise to see the change on 17, 3, 4, 5, 6, ect... A very welcomed change indeed with a skip in birdie on 3. Thanks to the NIDGC or whoever is responsible. I know that Memorial Day is coming and so is the LCO.. With that on my mind are there any changes going to be made for a make up 2? Or will it be out the woods to 7 again?

Thank you and keep up,
    DoubleB
    Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Movers and Shakers

Thanks go to Jack Baldwin and Tom Walker for moving the baskets at Corbin. Not sure if anyone else helped them or not. They took out a generator and shop vac to clean out plugged sleeves - a much needed task. Kudos to Jack and Tom. League play will begin Wednesday April 3 at Corbin; 5:00 tee off. Hole 2 will remain in play until Memorial Day. After that I imagine we will add our usual 18th hole just for league events.

Comment

Summer Layout

Unfortunately it is that time of year for hole #2's basket to be put into storage at the Parks Dept. I pulled it today. Figure we can leave #15 where it is for a another week or two, til school is out and the Park usage increases for swimmers, etc. Would like to move #14 to the low water position if the sleeve is not plugged. Also for league play, we will use a portable basket on hole #7 so we can utilize #7's regular basket for a hole 4b. Wondering if we should ask the Parks Dept. about actually using the #2 basket in that spot and label it as 4b for the duration of the summer so everyone can enjoy a full 18 holes. Any thoughts?

Comment

I think that would be a great idea, I think we really need to get 4 out of the ground and fix it. Somebody snapped pretty much the entire inner ring from the welds and it's just hanging there. It's a damn shame :-(
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

That would be sweet if the city would go for a 4b position for the summer so we could still get in 18 holes and nobody would have to mess around with a portable basket either. Great idea!

Comment