X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Positions

I have been playing Corbin a lot seeing as Sekani has been so busy with it being new and all of the mountain biking going on. I am glad to see the new pin changes already this year. I ran into some old friends up top at 3 as they were on 16 they didn't inform me of the changes and I guess I didn't notice on the way in... Anyways threw 3 as I always do landed where I normally do only to my surprise to see the change on 17, 3, 4, 5, 6, ect... A very welcomed change indeed with a skip in birdie on 3. Thanks to the NIDGC or whoever is responsible. I know that Memorial Day is coming and so is the LCO.. With that on my mind are there any changes going to be made for a make up 2? Or will it be out the woods to 7 again?

Thank you and keep up,
    DoubleB
    Life before Death. Death before Honor.

Movers and Shakers

Thanks go to Jack Baldwin and Tom Walker for moving the baskets at Corbin. Not sure if anyone else helped them or not. They took out a generator and shop vac to clean out plugged sleeves - a much needed task. Kudos to Jack and Tom. League play will begin Wednesday April 3 at Corbin; 5:00 tee off. Hole 2 will remain in play until Memorial Day. After that I imagine we will add our usual 18th hole just for league events.

Comment

Summer Layout

Unfortunately it is that time of year for hole #2's basket to be put into storage at the Parks Dept. I pulled it today. Figure we can leave #15 where it is for a another week or two, til school is out and the Park usage increases for swimmers, etc. Would like to move #14 to the low water position if the sleeve is not plugged. Also for league play, we will use a portable basket on hole #7 so we can utilize #7's regular basket for a hole 4b. Wondering if we should ask the Parks Dept. about actually using the #2 basket in that spot and label it as 4b for the duration of the summer so everyone can enjoy a full 18 holes. Any thoughts?

Comment

I think that would be a great idea, I think we really need to get 4 out of the ground and fix it. Somebody snapped pretty much the entire inner ring from the welds and it's just hanging there. It's a damn shame :-(
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

That would be sweet if the city would go for a 4b position for the summer so we could still get in 18 holes and nobody would have to mess around with a portable basket either. Great idea!

Comment

ive still got the tools to clean out 14 low as we did two seasons ago, id personally like to see it back while the water is low. Id really like to see 16 in long again as well...
            Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up to the roof and gets stuck - George Carlin

Comment

I have yet to have the chance to play 14 in the low. I Love 16 in the long works great for lefty backhands. What is with 15 staying in front? I shoot from the back pad if there are no cars out but once it fills up it turns into a putt putt hole. Unless there have been problems in the past with people almost being hit, I Love it up the hill. 7 on the front works well even as a make up 2. I could see how there might be issues with 2 holes on the same hill.

Comment

I just played a round with Jack yesterday and we contemplated moving 14 down but we weren't sure if the sleeve was still plugged and as the park gets busier we will have to move 16 to it's alternate position and stop using the back rubber pad altogether for safety reasons over the summer. Jack is in discussion with P & R about playing a 4b position all summer as long as hole 2 is out and just keeping hole 7 in either of the two sleeves on the bump. I am excited to be able to make it back out to league this week for the first time since the 1st week of league. See you all there.

And to answer your question DoubleB, when the basket for 15 is in its current position it is meant to be played from the back pad, it's never meant to be played from the front pad to the close position. It just gets moved there during the quieter months and it will go back to the other position here real soon since the park is getting so busy.

Comment

Getting basket #2 back

I met with Brian from the PF Parks Dept. on Thursday and showed him our idea for a hole 4b. He was ok with it, though I couldn't sell him on either of a couple extra pin placements to make that hole more interesting. Way too much erosion on the hillside already. We will need to dig in a couple 4x4 posts for signage to direct players from hole #4 to #4b and then on to #5. Any volunteers to use a post hole digger and set those in place?

Comment

Work all week. Could be out to the park any day around 3. I'm on a motorcycle s no tools. More than happy to do some digging. Friday off. I've been telling almost every person about the make up tee that I've seen out there. Gotta usually wait til a group drives 7 then drive and they wonder "where the heck did those discs come from?" Let em' finish up explain what it is .. Finish, then back to the road to let any other group tee and on to 5. Been getting birds on both last dozen or so rounds. 4 = Left backhand 4B = Tomahawk. Glad to see you been busy keeping it a full 18 Jack. What is the word on the camping? Next year or this one? -Ben

Comment

Nothing imminent on the campground remake of Corbin Park. We should have the status quo for another 3 or 4 years I would guess. I did put the bug in the ears of both Dave Fair (Parks & Rec Director) and Brian (Parks Supervisor) that the best way to alleviate the erosion and wear at Corbin is to add a second disc golf venue in or near Post Falls. We need to be proactive about it - first be a good partner with the City regarding taking care of Corbin Park right now, and then find out what other undeveloped park areas the City owns and that would be suitable for a DG course.

Comment

Hole #4b approved by City

Got the okay from the City of PF Parks Dept. to set up hole #4b for the summer months, using the basket from hole #2 that is not in play during that time. Many thanks to Casey Bancroft and Stuart Autry for coming out on a hot Friday afternoon and digging in the necessary sign holder posts and a RR tie to mark the front of the teepad for the new hole. I have had revised maps drawn up and am preparing signage to direct players to the new layout. Will have it all in place in time for league this week. For those who are unfamiliar with the configuration we have been using during league play: after hole #4, players will use a dirt tee located next to the longest #4 sleeve placement (in the woods over toward the volleyball area) and throw toward tee #8 to the pin location that is normally #7's 3rd and longest position on the hillside above the road. Hole #7 during the summer months will then use only the 2 shorter hyzer line positions uphill and left from the tee pad. End result is keeping 18 holes in play year round. Way to go NIDGC.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X